By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Kart Wii commercials - What was Nintendo thinking?

Haha that's so 90s. It's right on the border between "Outright awful" and "So awful it's awesome." I think the nostalgia of the over-the-top 90s commercials has pushed this to awesome for me, but I'm sure the younger kids won't get it.

Around the Network

I thought when he said "Got an aunt in ann harbor?" that he actually said "got an Andy in harbor? you can race 'em!" lol >.> too bad, I want an Andy in harbor.

anyway, it sticks out, I liked it^^

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

I liked it!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

ZenfoldorVGI said:

It's called cognitive dissonance.

Hmm... yes yes, I feel like I'm in psych 101 again.

i hope they dont air that in Mexico, it was the most United Statetian commercial i ever seen lol , and personally i didnt like it

pd. i dont want to say American commercial cuz i live in America but in Mexico duh!

:p

Around the Network

THAT WAS AWESOME

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Its attention grabbing thats for sure.

What is it with gaming companies and completely fucked up advertising?

I liked 'em.

It was kinda funny, but I don't think it's a very effective way to sell a game. I also think if Sony tried pulling something like this everybody would jump all over them.

Who knows, the only reason to advertise this game is to let people know this game is released and that it comes with a wheel, they don't even need to show the game itself off. I think it would have been better to do an all-gameplay commercial showing all the characters going at it mixed with some old catchy 80's song.

naznatips said:
Haha that's so 90s. It's right on the border between "Outright awful" and "So awful it's awesome." I think the nostalgia of the over-the-top 90s commercials has pushed this to awesome for me, but I'm sure the younger kids won't get it.

That's about right, but it reminded me of that annoying "Vern Fonk" commercial.

EDIT: This one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItWpoUMbqJE