By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone buying Mortal kombat 1 on switch?

GoOnKid said:

The thing is. I know that there are frame drops. No debate. But let's be real for a second: those frame drops probably will never be realized during gameplay by 99% of the players. Surely the 1% ultra competitive pro gamers might notice, okay. Are you in that 1%?

This reminds me of that time back when Mario Kart 8 came to the Wii U and some 'Journalist' tried to push the notion that it only ran on 59 fps and that was a bad thing.

And yes, the price is heavy. 70€ is not what I'm going to spend on this, if at all. I have MK11 on Switch and bought the Deluxe Edition when it was on sale for 30€. I guess that is what I'm going to do in this case as well. I'm in no hurry at all.

Naw in a 2d fighting game 10-15fps drop will noticed by almost everyone. I'm  not even sure if you are serious.

Around the Network

In defense of the switch I don't know what people expected. Mobile hardware shouldn't be expected to keep up with home hardware.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

The switch is capable of producing a lot better looking games with higher performance. I expect something on par with what is known to be possible on the system.

Patch updates incoming

We reap what we sow

Chrkeller said:

In defense of the switch I don't know what people expected. Mobile hardware shouldn't be expected to keep up with home hardware.

So we can never criticize Switch ports then?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Chrkeller said:

No, just have reasonable expectations.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
KLXVER said:

People did after Mortal Kombat 11 which was a decent port from what Ive heard and seen. This is just bad looking.

KLXVER said:
Chrkeller said:

People did after Mortal Kombat 11 which was a decent port from what Ive heard and seen. This is just bad looking.

mortal kombat 11 was made for ps4 and xbox in mind this for current gen so its expected. a money grab basically, it really should have never been made unless they really wanted to change the assets.

I've found funny how there is a Switch version but no PS4/XBone version

You can see clearly how it is a texture loading issue:

1:30 example

Nearly untextured

One frame later textures for Reptile pop in