By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple iPhone 15 Pro Will Have Console Games (RE4R, RE Village, Assassin's Creed, DS)

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

Agreed for me.  I personally rarely game on the go.  My Switch is docked 99% of the time.  And when I do game portable mode it isn't Tears or Bayo 3, but rather Captain Toad.   Most games don't work on a tiny screen with small controls.  

I'll be sticking with my 55 OLED Dolby atmos setup.  But too each their.  Options exist in the market place so people can pick their poison.  None of the big AAA are in trouble over this announcement.  I always laugh when people immediately assume too much from an announcement.

Honest question: what is the point then of shit posting in threads where you claim to have zero interest but keep coming back over and over again because someone else might be interested in something you're not? Gate keeping galore. You're really that insecure that you can't handle other people being excited in something that maybe you're not, huh. 

Seriously, no wonder this board has stagnated and not grown for shit in 10 years. 

Naw he's not shit posting he just saying the truth ipads and macbooks could play AAA games years ago yet no one gives a shit. you seem to think that everyone wants mobile gaming when there is a market for both.

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

Honest question: what is the point then of shit posting in threads where you claim to have zero interest but keep coming back over and over again because someone else might be interested in something you're not? Gate keeping galore. You're really that insecure that you can't handle other people being excited in something that maybe you're not, huh. 

Seriously, no wonder this board has stagnated and not grown for shit in 10 years. 

Naw he's not shit posting he just saying the truth ipads and macbooks could play AAA games years ago yet no one gives a shit. you seem to think that everyone wants mobile gaming when there is a market for both.

Oh look here comes his lackey or probably more likely his alt account. 

Sad. 

If you don't like something just say it once and move the fuck on. It's incredibly lame to show up and try to tone police every thread where someone might be excited about something, making valid points, and instead of discussing that just regurgitating over and over again something about smartphone games when that's not even what the discussion is about. I'm not talking about smartphone games. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 14 September 2023

zeldaring said:
Soundwave said:

it's not about not liking something it's just about discussing things that have 0 traction in the console market. Ipad is getting more powerful hardware that ps5 had 3 years ago. ps5 is gonna be at 55 million next year with x series at 27 million by next year. when one AAA game on Ipad does a massive numbers close to ps5 wake me up. they also dont have enough space or physical releases the whole thread is just wishful thinking.

zeldaring said:
zeldaring said:

it's not about not liking something it's just about discussing things that have 0 traction in the console market. Ipad is getting more powerful hardware that ps5 had 3 years ago. ps5 is gonna be at 55 million next year with x series at 27 million by next year. when one AAA game on Ipad does a massive numbers close to ps5 wake me up.

Then don't post in a thread if you're not interested in the topic. Like the fact that this has to be explained to you makes me wonder if the lights are even on upstairs or if anyone is home. 

Don't post 50 times in a thread where you have no real interest in having any kind of discussion about the subject. 

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

Agreed for me.  I personally rarely game on the go.  My Switch is docked 99% of the time.  And when I do game portable mode it isn't Tears or Bayo 3, but rather Captain Toad.   Most games don't work on a tiny screen with small controls.  

I'll be sticking with my 55 OLED Dolby atmos setup.  But too each their.  Options exist in the market place so people can pick their poison.  None of the big AAA are in trouble over this announcement.  I always laugh when people immediately assume too much from an announcement.

Honest question: what is the point then of shit posting in threads where you claim to have zero interest but keep coming back over and over again because someone else might be interested in something you're not? Gate keeping galore. You're really that insecure that you can't handle other people being excited in something that maybe you're not and you feel you have to "police" all these threads, huh. 

I'm not shit posting.  Posting fact isnt shit.  I find tech interesting and Nintendo is my favorite developer.  Plus my wife does graphic design...  wait for it...  on an iPad pro.  Hence why I'm in this apple thread and the Nintendo thread.

I'm sorry you are unable to handle someone who doesn't think Apple is flawless.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 15 September 2023

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
zeldaring said:

Sad. 

If you don't like something just say it once and move the fuck on. It's incredibly lame to show up and try to tone police every thread where someone might be excited about something, making valid points, and instead of discussing that just regurgitating over and over again something about smartphone games when that's not even what the discussion is about. I'm not talking about smartphone games. 

Honest question.  You really complaining about others regurgitating over and over?

LMFAO

You literally quote and engage me with my every post.  If you don't want to discuss than stop quoting me.  You are just as much to blame for the back and forth.  And as Rol pointed out you have been at this for weeks.  

Just accept limitations and personal opinions.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 15 September 2023

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

Sad. 

Honest question.  You really complaining about others regurgitating over and over?

LMFAO

You literally quote and engage me with my every post.  If you don't want to discuss than stop quoting me.  You are just as much to blame for the back and forth.  And as Rol pointed out if have been at this for weeks.  

Just accept limitations and personal opinions.  

It's hard no to to argue when someone's opinion has no logical reasoning.

I play a lot of games on my apple products.
I play retro PC games on my Macbook air using parallels and I play puzzle games, adventure games and auto chess games on my iPhone.

But even if I could play big AAA games on my iPhone, I simply would not do it since the experience can never be as good as playing them on my big screen TV.
Even if I can use a dedicated gaming controller with my iPhone needing a table and a stand for viewing the game is to much hassle.
There might be a very small amount of people who only have an apple product to play on, but I think very few of them have gaming (as in large AAA titles) as a use case for the system. Apple have tried multiple times to get more of the gaming crowd over but the premium price tag on apple products make it a bad choice for those who just want to game.

People using their mobile phones or tablets are accustomed to playing games for free or very cheep. Converting them to spend around 50 times as much will be difficult and also investing in a controller.

The persona, or target audience, is just not there.

Pajderman said:

I play retro PC games on my Macbook air using parallels and I play puzzle games, adventure games and auto chess games on my iPhone.

But even if I could play big AAA games on my iPhone, I simply would not do it since the experience can never be as good as playing them on my big screen TV.
Even if I can use a dedicated gaming controller with my iPhone needing a table and a stand for viewing the game is to much hassle.
There might be a very small amount of people who only have an apple product to play on, but I think very few of them have gaming (as in large AAA titles) as a use case for the system. Apple have tried multiple times to get more of the gaming crowd over but the premium price tag on apple products make it a bad choice for those who just want to game.

People using their mobile phones or tablets are accustomed to playing games for free or very cheep. Converting them to spend around 50 times as much will be difficult and also investing in a controller.

Oh cool a poster a legitimate post, nice. 

You're right, we'll have to see how the pricing issue plays itself out, I don't expect it to be an overnight thing, but I can a see a situation where more and more AAA games start coming to Apple's ecosystem even on day 1 like Assassin's Creed Mirage apparently is and people getting more used to idea of that. 

The processors that Apple are using are just frankly too powerful, way too powerful for what their product use case is. AAA gaming is going to become more standardized on Apple's devices simply because they have nothing else to showcase these chips with (look at this reaction about the M3 chip which is going to be a lot more powerful than an M2 chip coming to iPads):

Gaming is the only thing that realistically can take advantage of Apple's chips performing better and better, the example of Apple adding the M2 chip to the iPad and only have like on-screen clock widgets being the big software showcase was hilarious. So in that sense why now? Why is Apple seemingly more interesting in AAA games today? Because of the above issue. They can't stop making more powerful chips, but those chips have nothing to do.

Look for more and more gaming announcements at future Apple events, they announced 5 higher end games thus far, I can see that getting to 10, 20, 30 pretty fast. I don't expect them to be huge sellers all at once, the key for Apple is to make porting games easy and simple, and I think their Game Porting Tool helps in that regard. 

People are not used to have this level of gaming on a phone or tablet natively, but once they start to realize there's quite a few of them and a few of those games go on a sale ... well, some people might be inclined to give it a try and if that becomes easy money for publishers ... not that difficult to see how that could go. 

I don't know if I'd pay $50 for Resident Evil 4 Remake that can run on my iPad and iPhone ... but $25 on sale down the line? With cross-play on both devices? And roughly XBox Series S performance on the iPad but at 1440p resolution? Sure I'd probably give one of those types of games a shot at least. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 15 September 2023

Pajderman said:

You can mirror cast your iPhone screen to any modern tv, and no doubt it will allow you to pair a controller. So basically it would be the same experience as using the Switch in docked mode, without needing a Switch. Then just like the Switch you can continue on on the move.

Whether the target audience is there, I don't know. Steam deck has a dedicated following. If your phone can do the same with just the 'effort' of pairing a controller, why spend money and time buying and configuring Steam deck.

It's not about selling more phones, iPhones sell bucket loads already, over 200 million every year. If only a fraction see the use of playing AAA games on their phone, that's extra revenue. Then when you have the choice of playing a 3rd party port on Switch or in better quality on your phone, why not just play it on the phone you already have.

I remember playing Doom on a Nokia phone

It generated a lot of hype back in early 2000's. Actually it bricked my phone lol, had to bring it in to get it going again.