By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC: Switch 2 Was Shown At Gamescom Running Matrix Awakens UE5 Demo

Same was said by Activision CEO Bobby Kotick:

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick was quoted in an email to Nintendo President Shunturo Furukawa that the successor platform to the Switch has "closer alignment to 8th generation hardware", specifically the PlayStation 4 [1.8 TF] and the Xbox One [1.3 TF].

"Given closer alignment of Gen 8 platforms and our previous offerings on PS4 and Xbox One, it's reasonable to assume we can make something compelling for NG (next generation) Switch as well." - Bobby Kotick
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/64152/federal-trade-commission-case-reveals-proposed-power-level-of-switch-successor

Steam Deck is 1.6TF mobile, so I would expect a slimmer, cheaper, longer battery Switch 2 to have 1TF mobile and 1.6TF docked.

Around the Network
numberwang said:

Activision CEO Bobby Kotick was quoted in an email to Nintendo President Shunturo Furukawa that the successor platform to the Switch has "closer alignment to 8th generation hardware", specifically the PlayStation 4 [1.8 TF] and the Xbox One [1.3 TF].

"Given closer alignment of Gen 8 platforms and our previous offerings on PS4 and Xbox One, it's reasonable to assume we can make something compelling for NG (next generation) Switch as well." - Bobby Kotick
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/64152/federal-trade-commission-case-reveals-proposed-power-level-of-switch-successor

Steam Deck is 1.6TF mobile, so I would expect a slimmer, cheaper, longer battery Switch 2 to have 1TF mobile and 1.6TF docked.

Seems reasonable.  I could see the switch 2 having the raw power close to the ps4 and with DLSS the switch 2 could produce visuals on par with the ps4 pro.  Which for a hybrid is pretty impressive, especially since Nintendo tends to do cartoon art styles. 

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

numberwang said:

That would be a disappointing increase of only quadruple the current Switch. I hope it's more of a 6-7 times increase.

Last edited by Norion - on 16 September 2023

Chrkeller said:
Soundwave said:

Problems with reading comprehension idiocy returns I see.

For the sake of the rest of the thread and those who might actually be interested, I can easily just move my laptop to my 60 inch 4K TV in the living room and try out later what it looks like but it's not going to look much different from the 27-inch 4K external monitor I have in my office because I sitting from a desk position with the monitor only like 1.5 feet from my face. 

Don't be so hard on yourself.  You are doing the best you can.  😀

I'm just happy you have caught up the rest of us and have conceded DLSS isn't the same as native.  It only took you weeks and over a dozen pages, but hey you got there.  I'm proud of you my friend.  

I have a gaming computer on a 55 inch LG C2 OLED and have tried DLSS.  So enjoy your experiment.  While I don't need your report, having first hand experience, others might enjoy hearing your thoughts.

Have a great evening.  👍 

I have also been using DLSS on a 50" 4k screen and i have to say some of your takes is bullshit. So im not even sure if you do have first hand experiencing or are just running DLSS down for some other reason??.

zero129 said:
Chrkeller said:

Don't be so hard on yourself.  You are doing the best you can.  😀

I'm just happy you have caught up the rest of us and have conceded DLSS isn't the same as native.  It only took you weeks and over a dozen pages, but hey you got there.  I'm proud of you my friend.  

I have a gaming computer on a 55 inch LG C2 OLED and have tried DLSS.  So enjoy your experiment.  While I don't need your report, having first hand experience, others might enjoy hearing your thoughts.

Have a great evening.  👍 

I have also been using DLSS on a 50" 4k screen and i have to say some of your takes is bullshit. So im not even sure if you do have first hand experiencing or are just running DLSS down for some other reason??.

Sorry you feel that way.  I have a switch, ps5 and gaming laptop.  I'm in the process of building a gaming desktop.  I stand by my experience.  I would not run doom eternal at 540/360/etc and upscale on a 50 inch TV.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 17 September 2023

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
zero129 said:

Sorry you feel that way.  I have a switch, ps5 and gaming laptop.  I'm in the process of building a gaming desktop.  I stand by my experience.  

I mean it really depends. 4K quality mode which down scales to 1440p  in DLSS should look really nice and sometimes better then native I imagine. 4k to downscaled to 720p is a different story. 

Atm I use a Mclassic on Switch. It's nice. It's not going to blow your mind but games do look nicer. I did have to turn stuff off in software on my TV and no game mode to get it to work. It is a pricey and clunky solution until Switch 2 hopefully upscale reg switch games.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Sorry you feel that way.  I have a switch, ps5 and gaming laptop.  I'm in the process of building a gaming desktop.  I stand by my experience.  

I mean it really depends. 4K quality mode which down scales to 1440p  in DLSS should look really nice and sometimes better then native I imagine. 4k to downscaled to 720p is a different story. 

Absolutely.  DLSS is impressive as long as the internal resolution has enough data to basically extrapolate additional data points.  So 1080p & 1440p DLSS to 4k is great.  

My comment about DLSS looking terrible on a big screen was specifically in response to Soundwave's 540p upscaling.  Upscaling 540p on his tiny screen maybe passable.  But upscaling 540p on a 50+ inch TV is bad.  

Meaning, IMHO, for the switch 2 to get good utility out of DLSS it needs to have internal resolutions of at least 900p.  

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 17 September 2023

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
zeldaring said:

Absolutely.  DLSS is impressive as long as the internal resolution has enough data to basically extrapolate additional data points.  So 1080p & 1440p DLSS to 4k is great.  

My comment about DLSS looking terrible on a big screen was specifically in response to Soundwave's 540p upscaling.  Upscaling 540p on his tiny screen maybe passable.  But upscaling 540p on a 50+ inch TV is bad.  

Meaning, IMHO, for the switch 2 to get good utility out of DLSS it needs to have internal resolutions of at least 900p.  

Not sure why someone would call BS on that opinion. considering one of the biggest youtube channels that does content on DLSS doesn't recommend performance mode. as aside from that i finally got to see what FSR looks like on ps5 on dead space and  to be honest it's hard to tell the difference between quality and performance mode, yes it look a little sharper but hardly a big deal. the frame rate though holy crap man when ever you compare the 2 its like a slide show. 30fps games should not exist anymore lol.

Last edited by zeldaring - on 17 September 2023

zeldaring said:
Chrkeller said:

Not sure why someone would call BS on that opinion. considering one of the biggest youtube channels that does content on DLSS doesn't recommend performance mode. as aside from that i finally got to see what FSR looks like on ps5 on dead space and  to be honest it's hard to tell the difference between quality and performance mode, yes it look a little sharper but hardly a big deal. the frame rate though holy crap man when ever you compare the 2 its like a slide show. 30fps games should not exist anymore lol.

In defense of zero129 my post wasn't worded well.  It probably was interpreted as DLSS on a tv looks bad, when I meant extreme low internal resolution (540p or less) upscaled on a large screen looks bad.  I should have been more clear.  At least that is my current assumption on his retort.  

For sure upscaling works and is fantastic.  My ps5 defaults to performance.  Sharpness is 90% of what quality mode does, but I get 2x the performance.  Easy decision.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED