By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony raising PS Plus price by 33%

Chrkeller said:
V-r0cK said:

I understand what you're saying but in that case I would just go this route...

$400 for PS5 digital
$0 for upgrade internal storage (why need to?)
$135 or 160 x 5yrs for PS Plus Extra or Premium = $675 or $800

Total:$1075 or $1200 

Either way, this option at least comes with access to hundreds of games and I will still choose this over PC.

Sure you can get a solid PC around that price but not a lot of great games. Whatever the cost of your PC is, include an additional $600 on top to get PC Game Pass for 5yrs.

What????  PC doesn't have a lot of great games??  

Sorry I meant PC has a lot of great games. But if you budget $1100 to build a rig you don't have a lot of great games to play with, just mostly the free to play games.  You need to cough up more money on top of that $1100 rig to play great games.

But maybe you can help clarify: After spending $1100 on a good PC, how much more does a PC gamer need to spend to play all the great games for 5yrs?  (That's why I included the PC game pass of $600 for 5yrs)

Your $1100 just gets your a good rig, but no games?  My $1100 gets me a PS5 with 5yrs of PS Plus Extra.

Around the Network

fitting name OP

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Shinobi-san said:

This is happening pretty soon and they have not announced regional pricing. Also I didn't see info on the month to month plans.

Pretty shitty to not give us all the details in a single announcement.

This is also quite a steep increase.

They're not changing the month to month plans. 

>The new prices for the 12-Month subscription will remain at a discounted rate when compared to purchasing the 1-Month or 3-Month subscriptions over a 12-month period. 

PlayStation Plus Essential 12-Month Subscription

79.99 USD | 71,99 Euro | 59.99 GBP | 6,800 Yen

PlayStation Plus Extra 12-Month Subscription

134.99 USD | 125,99 Euro | 99.99 GBP | 11,700 Yen

PlayStation Plus Premium 12-Month Subscription

159.99 USD | 151,99 Euro | 119.99 GBP | 13,900 Yen

V-r0cK said:
Chrkeller said:

Sorry I meant PC has a lot of great games. But if you budget $1100 to build a rig you don't have a lot of great games to play with, just mostly the free to play games.  You need to cough up more money on top of that $1100 rig to play great games.

But maybe you can help clarify: After spending $1100 on a good PC, how much more does a PC gamer need to spend to play all the great games for 5yrs?  (That's why I included the PC game pass of $600 for 5yrs)

Your $1100 just gets your a good rig, but no games?  My $1100 gets me a PS5 with 5yrs of PS Plus Extra.

True.  I see your point.  However PC is BC with my current library and the hardware can be upgraded.  And PC has much better performance.  And it has a better selection of games.  And has better sales.  

There are pros and cons for sure.  Either way I canceled the auto renew of my PSN.  $80 is absurd for online play.  Any games that have online components will be a PC buy, not ps5 

Edit

Also Retoarch is amazing....  talk about a selection of games.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 31 August 2023

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Can't waaaiiit for Nintendo to be reactionary looking at this and announcing an increase in price for the NSO lol. This is just a farce.

Like paying online is tolerable at best but the debate is gonna get even more heated over the pure greed these companies are proven of because they can't grow their subscription service as fast as they thought they could, so now footing the bill to the players ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

For the payers

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Chrkeller said:
Farsala said:

I unsubscribed today. Honestly good of sony to remind me to not pay for ps plus anymore, hardly use it.

Yep.  PC gaming is looking better and better.

$500 for a ps5

$200 to upgrade internal storage 

$80 a year to play online over 5 years $400

Total: $1100 (solid PC for that price)

I play on my PC a lot more than any of my consoles, but Ps5 still has it's uses.

V-r0cK said:
Chrkeller said:

Yep.  PC gaming is looking better and better.

$500 for a ps5

$200 to upgrade internal storage 

$80 a year to play online over 5 years $400

Total: $1100 (solid PC for that price)

$400 for PS5 digital

Either way, this option at least comes with access to hundreds of games and I will still choose this over PC.

Sure you can get a solid PC around that price but not a lot of great games. Whatever the cost of your PC is, include an additional $600 on top to get PC Game Pass for 5yrs.

bolded1: because the storage is full with just a handful of games. If you like to switch games often or simply have a slow connection (making constantly re-downloading games unpracticable), you pretty much need more storage space.

boldeed2: More than you can get on PS5 and XS combined. Much more! After all, most console games (including console exclusives like spider-man) are also releasing on PC, plus it's own exclusive titles that don't release on consoles. 

bolded3: Why need game pass when you have steam sales?

Bofferbrauer2 said:
V-r0cK said:

$400 for PS5 digital

bolded1: because the storage is full with just a handful of games. If you like to switch games often or simply have a slow connection (making constantly re-downloading games unpracticable), you pretty much need more storage space.

boldeed2: More than you can get on PS5 and XS combined. Much more! After all, most console games (including console exclusives like spider-man) are also releasing on PC, plus it's own exclusive titles that don't release on consoles. 

bolded3: Why need game pass when you have steam sales?

I agree on the storage space.  Games are 80 to 100+ gb...  the ps5 had is too small.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

V-r0cK said:

$400 for PS5 digital

Uh... What?

1) PC gets free games all the time. - Epic Games Store has given away 361 different games so far. FREE. 0 subscription.

2) Majority of Sony and Microsoft exclusives release on PC. - So the "not a lot of great games" argument is absolutely bizarre.

3) PC doesnt need gamepass. - Just get the free games from Steam, Epic, GOG, uPlay and more.

4) PC has humble bundle, fanatical bundle and more where you can get a dozen games for $10 bucks.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--