399.99 61 57.01%

449.99 8 7.48%

499.99 2 1.87%

549.99 1 0.93%

599.99 1 0.93%

Total:107
Kneetos said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

399 is the minimum. Anybody saying they will charge 300 USD is not paying attention to inflation

If Nintendo sells it to 300 USD (less than Switch OLED) it's 100% guaranteed they will need to take hardware loses for 1 or 2 years

That's fine

Mario, Zelda and Pokémon will get all the money back for them

And I'm not being sarcastic, even after playing Pokémon (which I enjoyed tbh)

...or they can charge 400 USD and sell those 3 for 70 USD to make three times more money which is precisely what will happen 

Around the Network
Slownenberg said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

399 is the minimum. Anybody saying they will charge 300 USD is not paying attention to inflation

If Nintendo sells it to 300 USD (less than Switch OLED) it's 100% guaranteed they will need to take hardware loses for 1 or 2 years

$399 will be the max. This is Nintendo, not Xbox/Playstation. $300 won't happen sure. But I don't think anyone is saying $300 anyways. They could totally do a cheaper version less than $350 and a more expensive version $400 or a little bit less though.

Let's not forget, Switch was rumored to cost under $260 in 2017. Everything on the original model has gotta be super cheap at this point so it probably is not much more than $200 despite inflation. OLED probably only costs a good amount more because of the ethernet port which I think costs like $30 or something, I don't think the OLED screen is a huge amount more than the LCD, so it's gotta be under $300 cost.

If Switch 2 comes out with, for instance, a cheaper version and a premium version the cheap version could use LCD instead of OLED, and not have ethernet port, and a small bump up to say 64gb. Basically very similar to Switch except with $80-100 more processing power. They could probably make it for $300 or less, and if they've got a higher profit premium model and if the whole point of a cheaper model is to keep it affordable, they'd probably be fine only take say a $20 profit or so and selling it around $320 in order to make is very popular and make sure Switch sells well so that they continue to make massive software profits which is the important thing.

We have no idea what they are making, but >$400 is not happening, and certainly $399 is not the minimum haha, that'll be the absolute maximum and only for a premium model in the case of different models or just a high end single model, but if they only do single model/version at launch it is extremely unlikely it will be $400 because that will lose them their base of people who want an affordable system. Nintendo does weird things sometimes, but they are an affordable brand, and they aren't gonna have a PS3 blunder where they jack up the price by hundreds. Whatever comes out will be more than $300 and less than $400.

If Sony is selling PS5 for 550 USD they can still charge even 450 USD and still get away with being "expensive". When Switch was released PS4 was 350 USD. As long their games are there people will buy. People who buy at launch are mostly fans and gaming enthusiasts, anyways. They can price cut the hardware once the production costs decrease and they need to reach the mass market 

I will bet 400 USD, but I won't discharge a premium 450 USD version with better screen and storage 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Slownenberg said:

$399 will be the max. This is Nintendo, not Xbox/Playstation. $300 won't happen sure. But I don't think anyone is saying $300 anyways. They could totally do a cheaper version less than $350 and a more expensive version $400 or a little bit less though.

Let's not forget, Switch was rumored to cost under $260 in 2017. Everything on the original model has gotta be super cheap at this point so it probably is not much more than $200 despite inflation. OLED probably only costs a good amount more because of the ethernet port which I think costs like $30 or something, I don't think the OLED screen is a huge amount more than the LCD, so it's gotta be under $300 cost.

If Switch 2 comes out with, for instance, a cheaper version and a premium version the cheap version could use LCD instead of OLED, and not have ethernet port, and a small bump up to say 64gb. Basically very similar to Switch except with $80-100 more processing power. They could probably make it for $300 or less, and if they've got a higher profit premium model and if the whole point of a cheaper model is to keep it affordable, they'd probably be fine only take say a $20 profit or so and selling it around $320 in order to make is very popular and make sure Switch sells well so that they continue to make massive software profits which is the important thing.

We have no idea what they are making, but >$400 is not happening, and certainly $399 is not the minimum haha, that'll be the absolute maximum and only for a premium model in the case of different models or just a high end single model, but if they only do single model/version at launch it is extremely unlikely it will be $400 because that will lose them their base of people who want an affordable system. Nintendo does weird things sometimes, but they are an affordable brand, and they aren't gonna have a PS3 blunder where they jack up the price by hundreds. Whatever comes out will be more than $300 and less than $400.

If Sony is selling PS5 for 550 USD they can still charge even 450 USD and still get away with being "expensive". When Switch was released PS4 was 350 USD. As long their games are there people will buy. People who buy at launch are mostly fans and gaming enthusiasts, anyways. They can price cut the hardware once the production costs decrease and they need to reach the mass market 

I will bet 400 USD, but I won't discharge a premium 450 USD version with better screen and storage 

The Slim was $299 and the Pro $399.

I think Switch 2 will launch between $399 and $429 for the base version 

kazuyamishima said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

The Slim was $299 and the Pro $399.

I think Switch 2 will launch between $399 and $429 for the base version 

Very good reminder, the PS4 Slim was, in fact, the same price of the so called "inexpensive" Switch despite being several times more powerful and with a arguably much less expensive software library due to its age and the amount of third party software with older games having already their prices dropped already 

The narrative that Switch is an unexpensive system is just that, a narrative. In 2017 if you were short on budget PS4 was the least expensive option. 

It sems like the consensus is 349 to 449 

Around the Network

I think we get two SKUs at launch.

An LCD unit w/ 64 GB of internal storage for $400 and an OLED unit w/ 128 GB of internal storage for $450.

Kneetos said:

450 with an LCD screen and 64gb storage
500 for the premium: oled screen 128+ GB memory and better battery

Would you buy it at that price?  I've owned every Nintendo system and I wouldn't purchase it at the price point.  The chance the system is stronger the ps4 base is pretty low.

$350, maybe $400.

Those claiming higher I don't think will be correct and aren't thinking about multiple units per household as a result of the hybrid design. My house has 3 units, one for each daughter and one for myself. At $450 to $500 the multiple unit per household goes away.  Less units in a house will directly impact software sales.  My kids would buy less games (and ap would I) if it weren't for the fact we can play the hybrid anytime we want, unlike the ps5 as a result of the functionality.

rapsuperstar31 said:
Kneetos said:

450 with an LCD screen and 64gb storage
500 for the premium: oled screen 128+ GB memory and better battery

Would you buy it at that price?  I've owned every Nintendo system and I wouldn't purchase it at the price point.  The chance the system is stronger the ps4 base is pretty low.

What makes you say that?

The Wii U was slightly stronger than the PS3/360, and the Switch was even stronger than the Wii U. A standard generational upgrade would mean that Switch 2 would be comfortably stronger than the base PS4/XBO and could even give the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X a run for their money w/ the right team and effort.

I think matching the Xbox Series S price point of $299 US is a possibility... Just not on launch with the launch model.

But accounting for inflation, $399 US is more realistic, still undercuts the Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X $499 US, despite packing more components. (Screen, battery etc')

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--