By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are "early access" perks kinda BS?

Are early access perks BS?

Yea, it's pretty BS, I do... 15 50.00%

It's a bit dumb, but not a big deal 7 23.33%

Nah, I'm fine with it really 6 20.00%

No, I am super excited to... 2 6.67%

Total:30

I don’t mind it if the goodies are worth it and the extra money isn’t too much. Hogwarts Legacy was an extra $10 to get early access. Starfield being $30 to get it is iffy. I know it’ll come with a story expansion later on but that’s like selling a season pass early in a way. Not my thing.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

My main concern with this is spoilers for games with a large story aspect getting spread around. Otherwise I don't care much but do think that everyone getting access together instead of it being split is ideal.

No issues here. People can spend money however they see fit. If someone supports early access and MTX, good for them.

I view early access kind of like 1st class for planes and trains.  People value different things.

Point being it isn't my place to tell others how to spend their money.  

And waiting to play a game isn't that hard and most go on sale within a year.  People do have a choice.

It's one of those textbook examples of something I think can be a problem and don't like personally, but don't think it's severe enough for government regulation.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

It's really just a ploy to get you to buy into stuff. No different than what preorders are.

Around the Network

If you find value in early-access, then that is your money.
Obviously hard to quantify value in something you find entertainment with.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--