By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you want to see from next gen Nintendo games?

If I could get it all, it would be for the console to have PS5-level specs (or better, since that is now three-year-old-hardware) and great Nintendo IPs. Imagine Metroid Prime 4 with current tech, and fully maximized. It would be... unbelievable! 

But since that's never going to happen, I guess I'll settle for them doing what they do best, which is to continue churning out quality games.

Around the Network

1080p and 60 FPS as far more common, though those two often wouldn't be combined.
Analog triggers (put them on your controller Nintendo)
3D Yoshi
Less games that take months to over a year to get free DLC (looking at Mario Sports games)

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Pemalite said:

And a new Pokemon developer wouldn't hurt either, Gamefreak isn't competent at making games in the modern era... And is a big stain on Nintendo's exclusive lineup.

this would be amazing but, no way it ever happens. the closest i think we could get is nintendo having another developer assist gamefreak in the process of their next mainline game. 

thankfully this pokemon direct produced no new games. hopefully that means gamefreak is giving more development time for the next entry.

i do feel like scarlet/violet embarrassed nintendo somewhat since they had to publicly apologize about the state it released in (and is still basically in.) though, how embarrassed can you be when the game was the fastest selling in their history till TotK released? unfortunately.

4k graphics.

I'd like to see really solid DLSS implementation even for handheld mode where the game can render natively as low as 240 or 360p and look like a 1080p image on the portable side, same for home, 720p or 900p taken up to 4K resolution. 

For games that have a bigger scpoe like a Zelda game, Xenoblade I'd like to graphical quality akin to this, now yes that is a PS5 game, but it's a game that also runs on the PS4. So basically this is a PS4 game with some fancier effects sprinkled on top. But the Switch 2 should have a graphics architecture and feature set much more in line with the PS5 than PS4, so something like this, but with ray tracing turned off, and using DLSS to render from lower resolutions (ie: 360p portable, 720p docked). 

Around the Network

Moarrr powerrrr!!!!!!!

Also with big games like Fortnite and Minecraft bringing in lots of players and community online, can Nintendo finally make a Pokemon MMO??? Keep it exclusive to Nintendo console, it will be huge and sell lots of consoles!

It seems like half the people commenting missed the point of the thread haha :p

I was asking what you want to see from GAMES, not hardware.

Answers like better graphics, more power, higher frames per second, higher resolution, better joycons, etc is not what this thread is about.
Yes of course next gen Nintendo is gonna have better graphics and be more powerful than their 8+ year older system.

I was asking about what changes you want to see in their GAMES. How do you want their franchises to evolve next gen? ie this gen Zelda went open world to incredible results. What do you want to see Nintendo change up next gen in their games?

Joycon measuring heartbeats and changing difficulty? Wii Vitality Sensor is back

ArtX said:

Joycon measuring heartbeats and changing difficulty? Wii Vitality Sensor is back

The joycons measuring your heartbeat is already a thing, actually! Would definitely be interested if they worked that in tandem with a game like Eternal Darkness though 

Actually invest in pokemon development: Make a seamless world; Challenge puzzles dispersed by the area; Pokemon act like credible wildlife beings; training, changing your team and using their abilities is the key to make your way to explore and solve the puzzles in the world.

And all of that without changing the lore and the battle system (Maybe add calculations for the height and weight difference in battle, for example raise the evasiveness for physical attacks if the pokemon is way smaller than the opponent or raise the physical attack rate if the pokemon is way heavier than the opponent)

For Mario Kart, I would say maybe melee weapons like hammer and sword; full 3d aiming to swing and throw the weapons in any direction using the other analog stick; and finally bring back double dash mechanism. I know a mess, but that is what I like in MK.

Last edited by 160rmf - on 11 August 2023

We reap what we sow