By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How Many YouTube Channels Are You Subbed To?

56 and I think there's like 3 of them I watch regularly

Around the Network

70ish.. Yeah I watch quite a bit of Youtube. It pretty much is my defacto "TV" viewing these days at least when I'm alone. Probably only watch like 10 on a regular basis and another 10 semi-regularly.

- Mostly gaming, movie/TV stuff

- moderate amount of self-help/motivation, cooking, politics, comedy, history, fitness

- bit of music-related (mostly metal)

- a few are family/friends

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Mostly video games (in particular pro StarCraft), politics, music artists, and then a random mix of other stuff.

I was subscribed to 18 a few minutes ago. But I think several of those were accidents, because I don't recognize them. I'm subscribed to 13 now. And, really, I only watch two of those.

- The AVGN since forever, but he's nowhere near as good as he once was, nor is the side-content, so I don't watch much anymore.
- An American streamer named ryukahr, he's fun to watch because I like his calmness, non-swearing, non-raging demeanour and humour. He mostly streams Super Mario Maker and other Mario games (or hacks of them) and is extremely good at it. He also has videos of other games and playthroughs of newly released or old games. I'd recommend him.
- A Dutch creator called Silvarret, who plays builder games like Planet Coaster and Cities Skylines, also extremely good at what he does. His creations often boggle the mind but his uploading is irregular due to this being just a hobby for him.
- History Matters, a lighthearted real-world history channel that does bite-sized and easily explained, humorously animated and narrated videos of usually unexpected events or aspects in history.

Around the Network

Like 40-45, but I only regularly watch like 3-5 of them.

150, most of them are old channels that haven't uploaded anything in years. I feel like subscriptions are completely irrelevant now, I just watch whatever YT puts on my feed. Which 99% of the time is channels I'm not even subbed to.

Maybe this is mean but I am subscribed to 0 channels.

I do watch videos from 10-15 channels though.

Too many. I only watch maybe 4 of them, That Chapter, ReviewTechUSA, MetalJesusRocks, that's about all I can think of.

Truthfully, I have about 140.

The only gaming channels I do are Cinemassacre, Mike Matei (he used to co-run Cinemassacre during its first 10 years or so), and Resonant Arc (they do book reports for games). I’d do more, but I can’t stand them. I find the majority of them are almost exactly like the type of emotionally unhinged sorts that AVGN satirizes - guys losing their shit over the most trivial news… You know the sort of channels, those that feature the face of the presenter with an exaggerated expression to show you what type of sober-yet-acting-drunk-as-fuck type reaction they’re going to give.

Most others are documentary type channels on nature, archaeology, history, or science - especially now that the whole “Omigod, Gobekli Tepe is a colony of Atlantis and/or aliens!” silliness has mostly died back now that people are accepting the Graham Hancock’s of the world are grifters trying to sell books.

In science related stuff, I haven’t really subscribed to anything new in the past couple of years because there are a ton of AI spun channels clogging up things recently. Many of them have weird generic names, the same voice, usually just spitting out random related info over a series of stolen video-clips from real channels like John Michael Godier/Event Horizon/John and Isaac Arthur who bank the creation of original footage for their channels - these AI channels often stick a photo of one of the popular science figures (like Neil Degrasse Tyson, Brian Cox, Michio Kaku, Dawkins, or Penrose) in the thumbnail with some kind of click bait title, and then don’t really elaborate on the topic.

Other than that, I like wildlife related channels, and documentaries about wildlife and natural history.

I don’t do many political channels, because everyone is always angry about the stupidest most trivial shit. Which is kind of ironic considering one of the two channels I listen to is LBC - particularly James O’Brien, who is always angry…. Even when he’s happy he’s angry. 

Oh, and Fail Army. :D

Last edited by Jumpin - on 05 August 2023

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.