By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your 10 favourite characters in video games ?

Picking just 10 is nearly impossible. But I'll do it. Protagonists are fine for my own criteria, but I'm not picking avatar protagonists like those from Persona, KOTOR, Stardew Valley, etc.

Mario
Luigi
Link
Zelda
Cloud Strife
Tifa Lockhart
Bastila Shan
Kreia
Aigis
Clementine

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:

Protagonists are fine for my own criteria, but I'm not picking avatar protagonists like those from Persona, KOTOR, Stardew Valley, etc.

Mario
Luigi
Link

lol

mZuzek said:
Wman1996 said:

Protagonists are fine for my own criteria, but I'm not picking avatar protagonists like those from Persona, KOTOR, Stardew Valley, etc.

Mario
Luigi
Link

lol

Maybe I didn't word myself clearly enough. Link is an avatar I guess, but usually the only notable thing you can do in the avatar sense is change Link's name. And you can't even do that in some Zelda games. By the logic that Link is a customizable character, I take it you define Ness an avatar as well. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

Maybe I didn't word myself clearly enough. Link is an avatar I guess, but usually the only notable thing you can do in the avatar sense is change Link's name. And you can't even do that in some Zelda games. By the logic that Link is a customizable character, I take it you define Ness an avatar as well. 

No I get it, obviously Link and Mario aren't customizable avatars, it's just that the way I understood it, you didn't want to mention customizable characters because they lack personality, then it's silly to me that you go on to list characters that are literal empty shells made for the players to project themselves into. I mean like, you don't want to pick avatar protagonists from Persona, but Joker has far more personality than Link anyway.

1. Andrew Ryan (BioShock)
  2. GLaDOS (Portal)
  3. Cave Johnson (Portal)
  4. Mordin Solus (Mass Effect)
  5. Illusive Man (Mass Effect)
  6. Trico (The Last Guardian)
  7. Ellis (Left 4 Dead)
  8. Mr. House (Fallout)
  9. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
  10. The Narrator (The Stanley Parable)

Around the Network

Master Chief (Halo)
Geralt of Rivia (Witcher)
Zagreus (Hades)
Ezio (Assassins Creed)
Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)
Peppermint (Hi-Fi Rush)
Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect)
Raz (Psychonauts)
Ichiban (Like a Dragon)
Rucks (Bastion)

1. Max Payne (Max Payne series)

2. Niko Bellic (GTA IV)

3. Mona Sax (Max Payne series)

4. Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII) 

5. Vladimir Lem (Max Payne series) 

6. Cole Phelps (L.A. Noire) 

7. Big Boss (Metal Gear series) 

8. Jin Sakai (Ghost of Tsushima) 

9. Solas (Dragon Age series) 

10. Regina (Dino Crisis series) 

Man, making this list was a nostalgia trip. If you can't tell, I freaking love Max Payne 2! Haha.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Ummm.. I was expecting to see lots of pictures of hot women.

gtotheunit91 said:

Hmm, I may have to come back to this. But this is my list at present.

Donkey Kong (specifically DK Country version)
Jim Raynor (StarCraft)
Arthas Menethil (Warcraft)
Master Chief (Halo)
Crash Bandicoot
Kane (Command & Conquer)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
GLaDOS (Portal)
Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey Island)

After completing Crisis Core: FFVII Reunion, I've slightly adjusted my top 10 characters

Donkey Kong (specifically DK Country version)
Jim Raynor (StarCraft)
Arthas Menethil (Warcraft)
Master Chief (Halo)
Zack Fair (Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII)
Kane (Command & Conquer)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
GLaDOS (Portal)
Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey Island)

In no particular order

Samus Aran

Metroid 

GlaDOS

Jago

Ivy

Scorpion