By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Predict Haze's 1st week.

Under 100k WW and it will have poor legs in following weeks. Its gonna be another hyped ps3 game which wont live up to it.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

200-250k Worldwide

PooperScooper said:
bbsin said:
lets be realistic here...

NA: 60k
EU: 80k

Um... you think those numbers are reasonable? Getting lower numbers than a sequal to a game that was exclusive on 360 with a user base with probablly around 3 million less....

Yes, I do think it's reasonable. I doubt we will see much marketing behind Haze, and based on the impressions/podcasts from the press, it sounds like they don't have much good things to say. Besides, GRAW2 (i presume that's the game you are talking about) is a sequel and has the Clansy brand on it. Haze might have decent legs if the reviews come out good though but i think the initial week of sales will look alot like Burnout paradise(PS3) except high US numbers. Either way, I'm still going to rent this game b/c i want to try the 4 player co-op and i actually like the mantle armours.

misteromar mk4: if you mean "another hyped PS3 game" as in a game that no one talks about and has very little press coverage... then yes, it won't "live up". The quesion is, are you willing to put some money where your mouth is by betting that Haze sales will go under 100k worldwide during the first week? If you are, then i got first dibs on your bet.

If they don't pull impressive marketing tricks before release and get excellent ratings I think it manages around

100 k in US
12 k in Japan
80 k in Others

The press they have been getting so far is mixed, and the first feeling anybody gets about this title is uncertainty. Also, titles like Army of Two and Unreal 3 have had launch weeks with less sales. I'm giving around +20 k in both territories for exclusivity in expectation of some additional visibility and hype from Sony during Gamer's Day.

I'll adjust my prediction closer to release. This is an interesting title to watch since it's been cancelled so many times and the ratings and overall press coverage and hype they manage to build just before release, and the actual quality of the game are still quite uncertain, although some recent previews are promising:

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10028&Itemid=2

If previews like this keep appearing, the game might end up selling another 20-50 k more WW launch week.

Paid by the alliance
to slay all the giants.

I think it's gonna be pretty low. I don't like the timing, with the GTA/wiifit/MGS4 hanging around. I think buzz is loud with the couple people following it but overall hype is low. Shooters have not sold overly well on PS3 up to this point, with the exception of the inexplicable COD4. No new IP has launched well, and much of the established IP haven't exactly lit up the sales week one (GT, DMC aside)

If reviews are decent but not great, which I expect, 130-150k ww.
If reviews are great, maybe 180k.
If reviews are bad, this has a potential to be a sub 100k stinker.

If Ubi sinks a ton into pre-launch ads, then MAYBE we hit 200k, but who's going to see the ads unless they are in-game GTA ads? - LOL

I just don't think enough people care right now. GTA will sell a billion and everything else isn't gonna sell on PS3 for awhile, except movies. That's my prediction.

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

Around the Network

150k US
150k EU

Ending up selling over 1m
The must have feature for me is the offline bots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No games these days seem to have them. While I don't think this will be able to replicate the frentic action of TS games of old.... (please say 4 is coming soon!) but it should still be good. Ironically, I won't get this till 12th June

250k first week

misteromar mk4 said:
Under 100k WW and it will have poor legs in following weeks. Its gonna be another hyped ps3 game which wont live up to it.

I bet you that it will do above 100k WW.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I say between 250k and 350k (worldwide).

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

CaptainPrefrences said:
The question is

can this game sell 1 million?

but it will probably sell 300k first week.

If it's good (like is expected from Free Radical) then it can break 1m.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M