By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Predict Haze's 1st week.

It depends on the ad campagin,,it can even go above 350,000 if a heavy add campaign hits.

don't forget the new single from KORN that will hit the music channels(the song hasn't come out yet ,right?)

here is the song :KORN-Haze
http://youtube.com/watch?v=i_XJVwbvJas&feature=related

but I think it will do 210,000 WW

Around the Network
dgm6780 said:
Is haze a ps3 exclusive or a multi plat? Is the esclusiviity the reason for the big estimates? Otherwise I see this game being along the same chart line as Army of Two. too lazy to look up what Army of Two did, but thats my prediction. if it is exclusive I predict Ao2 + 30k for US

Haze is a PS3 exclusive for now. Its not known whether it will remain a PS3 exclusive forever though; the status of the game being exclusive forever is hazy ;)

did my quick research - I am going to go with 300k WW. (2x Ao2)

dgm6780 said:
did my quick research - I am going to go with 300k WW. (2x Ao2)

what made you change ur mind?just curious

Do think that the Korn single will ahve any effect on the sales?

The better question here is...
"Will Haze be any good?"

From the footage I've seen it will look good... and timesplitters2 was a great game but 3rd one was pretty stagnant when it came out.

So I am going to go with "yes, it will be good" and therefore I hope it sells.

Around the Network

If the reviews are good then people will go out and buy it,that seems will be the case for most as no one is realy sure about the game so i predict about 110k-200k if reviews are good.

I think it'll have decent first week sales. About 250k. After that, I don't know. It'll be overshadowed by MGS4 which gets released 3 weeks after Haze.

I like their release date. After, and thus benefitting from, the swell in PS3 owners caused by GTA4. About a month after, so even people who got GTA4 could be looking for a new game. But before the hype of MGS overwhelms. Plus it looks like they are going to market the hell out of it.

I think having Korn's name attached to the game in some way will definately have a positive impact, hard to say how big.

250k worldwide first week for Haze. Then drop off. It will sell just over a million.

It will do well, people love shooters with cool looking main characters no matter how bad they are(Looks at Time Shift, Kane & Lynch, Army of 2, etc, etc, etc). I'll say 170k first week for lifetime of about a million.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling