By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC Brethren, Show Me The POWAH (Summer 2023 Edition)

Hello VGC! Since it has been a while, and there seems to be a tiny resurgence of late, let's bring this back! Simply put, show us your PC hardware set up! If you could, tell us your specs and if this is your current build or outgoing. Pics are also welcome! I used to do this more proactively when I would build a new rig, but it's been a few years since a full upgrade (outside of the graphics card, which is from my previous build). 

So, I'll start... I call it R T i

Case: Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO

CPU: Intel Core i9-13900K (Stock) - 3.0GHz Base, 5.8GHz Turbo

Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 ULTRA (Stock) - 2.07GHz Boost

Motherboard: ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI

PSU: Corsair HX1500i

RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB 96GB DDR5 CL34 6800MHz

Storage: Samsung 990 Pro 2TB  x2, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB  x1 (6TB total)

The AIO: CORSAIR iCUE H170i ELITE LCD XT

Around the Network

Am I drunk, or do you have 96 GB of RAM?

I have 12 GB and my friends were impressed.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Am I drunk, or do you have 96 GB of RAM?

I have 12 GB and my friends were impressed.

96, yep. I had 128 on DDR4, but D5 is not a fan of more than 2 sticks.

RTX 4090
Ryzen 5950X
64GB DDR4 3600
2TB WD SN850
2TB Samsung 970 Evo+
MSI X570 A Pro
Lian Li Lancool II

On the shopping list for this year is a better chair and a large drawing tablet that will double as a second monitor.

Just a Laptop. It looks like a laptop so no pics needed. It's a black rectangle. very exciting! /s

Intel i7 12650H 10 Cores
1TB SSD. A 4 TB HDD and a 2TB HDD
Nvidia RTX 3070
32GB DDR5 ram 4800mhz

Asus F15 Laptop

Does what I need it to do and then some.  I'm sure this will change in a few years but running current console-gen games at 60FPS sure feels nice.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
  • 1st Monitor: 27" - Gigabyte 1440p 144Hz
  • 2nd Monitor: 23" - Acer 1080p 
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 12-Core 3.7 GHz 
  • GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390X
  • Motherboard: ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus
  • RAM: 32GB - G.SKILL Trident Z Neo
  • NVME SSD: 1TB
  • HDD: 2TB
  • Case: Antec P280 Black Aluminum
  • Capture Card: Elgato HD 60 Pro
  • Mouse: Razer Deathadder V2
  • Keyboard: Logitech G910
  • Webcam: Logitech C920
  • Mic: AudioTechnica AT2020USB

I'm looking at upgrading my GPU to a Radeon 7900 XT or XTX in time for the launch of Starfield. 

Other than Nintendo I'm looking at doing all my gaming on a good PC. Microsoft releasing all their games day one on PC and Sony releasing their games a couple of years later on PC made my decision easier. 

Last edited by trunkswd - on 15 July 2023

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

might grab a 4090 for Starfield, but I doubt I'll need it.

Regarding consoles — I'll probably always buy them, but yeah. As I said in another thread, give it about 15 years time and you will only need a Nintendo device and a good rig! 

I’m already on the PC/Nintendo device combo consolidation on gaming hardware I do not mind at all.

I haven’t done any sort of upgrades to my rig since 2018, but I am planning on building a completely new rig for the start of 2024!

I’ll have to update this comment later with my specs as I don’t have access to it now, but as far as I remember off the top of my head:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: ROG Strix 2080 OC
RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB (boot drive)
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB (game storage)
Motherboard: ROG Strix X370-F

EDIT: Back at my house and got a look of my rig! Fun fact: my RGB controller is busted

It's not much of a setup, but it's nice to have my own corner of the apartment next to the fridge to get a drink when I need it and keeps my toddler away.

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 15 July 2023

I have all platforms but my current gaming PC is from 2019 so its outdated.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: RX 580 8 GB
RAM: 16 GB
Primary Storage: 256 GB SSD
Secondary Storage: 1 TB HDD

Edit: My next build I am planning to get will be likely next year.

Going for RAM wise 32 GB, 1 TB SSD with a 1 or 2 TB HDD

The GPU and CPU, whatever is a good equivalent at the time.

I typically upgrade my PCs every 8-10 years but nowadays gonna make it 5-6 years.

---

Below: This is what I posted on ResetERA in regards to my entire set up

My set up didnt change much except for the fact that now i have a Xbox Series S and a PS5 (and controller stands with more controllers.)

Edit: Oh right, I have smart lighting now as well lol

My set up includes

-75'' Sony x900f
-Gaming Desktop PC
-Xbox Series S
-Playstation 5
-Nintendo Switch
-Playstation 4 (below the PS5 hidden)
-Playstation 3 (below the Switch hidden)
-My WiiU that died few months ago (lol) is in one of the bins on the right next to the attic door)
-My PSP, 3DS and Nintendo DS are below the Switch and PS3

Mouse and Keyboard I use for gaming on PC

My Theater Sofa Set (Dont mind the futon on the floor - my wife loves using it when watching movies)

My side monitor I use (with amiibos and toys)

From behind Sofa view

Wide-screen view of my entertainment room

Last edited by BasilZero - on 16 July 2023

Mine is close to 6 years old but it was high end when I got it so performance is still ok. The 1080 Ti and 7700K are starting to show their age though so the urge to upgrade has been growing lately. I wish the GPU market wasn't so bad right now since that is causing some reluctance.