By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 27, 2023 (Jun 26 - Jul 02)

Sogreblute said:
jvmkdg said:

with Final Fantasy VII Part 2, Dragon Quest and a new Monster Hunter World 2. The PS5 could even outsell the Nintendo Wii in Japan. I didn't think this was possible a year ago.

I still think it won't pass PS4 sales in Japan. Those games you listed the PS4 had and it still sold worse than the PS3. While right now it's outdoing the PS4 you have to think once the Switch 2 drops it will slow down a lot.

If the currency remains poor for the yen, then I think the Ps5 has a very good chance to outsell the Ps4 due to China. In the same note, Ns can outsell the GB and Ds if conditions remain the same.

Around the Network

Top 30 now posted. Nearly every returning game is up week-over-week.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Switch has a crazy momentum since the Zelda release. If it can keep the momentum until the end of the year, I'd rather see a successor in 2025 than 2024.

siebensus4 said:

Switch has a crazy momentum since the Zelda release. If it can keep the momentum until the end of the year, I'd rather see a successor in 2025 than 2024.

Why would switch momentum influence when you wanna see switch 2? It's basically do you want Nintendo games with better graphics and performance asap or not. Not to mention the handheld itself doesn't feel great in the hands compared to a steamdeck that also needs a huge update with analogs, grips and buttons.

I hope Nintendo waits until Summer 2025 for Switch 2 , meanwhile they need to create lot of games for launch !! We don’t want Deluxe versions!!

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
siebensus4 said:

Why would switch momentum influence when you wanna see switch 2? It's basically do you want Nintendo games with better graphics and performance asap or not. Not to mention the handheld itself doesn't feel great in the hands compared to a steamdeck that also needs a huge update with analogs, grips and buttons.

The Switch could definitely see improvements there, but Steamdeck is way too wide, big, and heavy for a handheld. You get used to it after a while, but even the Wii U game pad feels better overall. Also better graphics and performance means nothing if battery life sucks, like recent UMPCs. What I'm hoping for is significant performance boost on docked mode, altho im not sure if they can even do much about it.

Shatts said:
zeldaring said:

The Switch could definitely see improvements there, but Steamdeck is way too wide, big, and heavy for a handheld. You get used to it after a while, but even the Wii U game pad feels better overall. Also better graphics and performance means nothing if battery life sucks, like recent UMPCs. What I'm hoping for is significant performance boost on docked mode, altho im not sure if they can even do much about it.

Well yea im talking about the quality of the hardware. The analogs, buttons and how it feels even if it's big, Switch just feels really bad after holding the Steam Deck. It really feels outdated.

Steam Deck looks and feels like a Sega Nomad from the 90s

PortisheadBiscuit said:

Steam Deck looks and feels like a Sega Nomad from the 90s

Steam deck is big. I love the screen size, triggers and analogs it really does make the switch feel like something really dated fro me, and those switch analogs just feel like something out of a flea market on switch.  

That's a steep drop for Final Fantasy.

Also satisfying to see Everybody 1-2 Switch fall flat with just 3320 copies sold week 1, good grief that game looks like horseshit.