By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft Reveals Xbox Series X/S Sales Numbers

Following almost a decade of not reporting on Xbox sales, Microsoft casually reveals the sales numbers of its last two console generations.

Lifetime Xbox Console Sales Numbers in June 2023

Xbox Series X/S: 21 million
Xbox One: 58 million

Source : https://gamerant.com/xbox-one-series-x-s-console-sales-june-2023/

-------------------------------

Vgchartz is pretty spot on for Xbox sales, Xbox Series is just overtracked by one million more or less.

Around the Network

Xbox One numbers were adjusted up, they were undertracked by a lot. If I remember correctly they were ~51 million before the adjustment.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

DroidKnight said:

Xbox One numbers were adjusted up, they were undertracked by a lot.

Ah I see, I have checked the numbers just before posting the thread.

So it's official MS has sold less XB Series and XB1 combined than XB360 alone.

10 years of XB Series and XB1 vs ~8 years for 360.

MS really needs to get their first party studios in order to pump out more quality games.

Nice boost for the Xbox One numbers. 58M is respectable sales.
Series S/X sales have been rough so far this year. It Should pick up though with the increase in Series X supply and with better and more consistent first party output going forward.

Around the Network

There was no date given for these figures and as figures are generally posted quarterly these are most likely through March. Also 21M+ could potentially mean anything from 21M to 21.9M. 

I adjusted the Xbox One figures yesterday to match this data. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

XBone VGcharts estimation is on point

Series S/X is slightly (5%) over tracked

Good job!

When it came to the discourse online, you’d think the Xbox One sold as much as the Dreamcast or Wii U lol. A huge downgrade compared to the 360 of course, but with how dreadful the Xbox One started the generation, that is a respectable turnaround.

And that’s with a minimum number of what I would consider must have exclusives. Even with Series consoles having only a few notable exclusives up to this point, 20+ million is a pretty good start all things considered after just 2 years. Definitely being carried by Game Pass though lol.

Now that Series X is finally getting its production problems sorted out just in time for the release of Starfield, by far Xbox’s biggest exclusive since the 360, things are finally lining up. Already 4 known exclusives for 2024 and that will only continue to grow. If Xbox’s first party releases are consistent in quality, Series consoles should be able to reach, if not succeed, the 360.

https://www.installbaseforum.com/forums/threads/microsoft-at-big-festival-says-xbox-series-x-s-is-at-21m-xbox-one-58m.1764/#post-173895

Btw Ampere adjusted their Xbox Series estimates up by about a million and they pretty much match the VGChartz estimates. Less than a 1% difference between the 2 in March.

Ampere analyst: "We upgraded our sell-through estimates for end of 2022 previously. It is 19.5m. 21.1m end of March."

Last edited by trunkswd - on 01 July 2023

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Damn Xbox One almost got to 60 million in the end wow