By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros Wonder announced; all new 2D Mario (Update: Out now!)

We just reached W3, time for a break. Great game. The only nit pick I have is that you can't turn off auto landing on Yoshi (My wife plays as Yoshi) and landing anywhere close to Yoshi automatically puts me on her back, even in the middle of a ground pound. Effects are wonderful as well as the variety. The music does start to grate after a while, the general tune for most levels is not my favorite and now stuck in my head. The music in the boss battles is awesome. More variety in music would have been wonderful :D

Around the Network

Didnt people used to say how Mario was Originally based on drug shit thanks to the mushrooms. This game takes that to another level. Forget mushrooms we are hitting LSD on most of this levels lol XD XD

Powered by shrooms

Is this already 20 million seller ?
This will repeak in December lmao

40 million by end of 2024

Mar1217 said:
Spindel said:

Played it with the family for a bit and it’s really enjoyable.

But holy shit the wife and kids need to ”git gud”! They truly suck.

If they never play these kind of games, it's understandable. They'll get better eventually. Especially your kid probably.

Anywoo, I have the game but sadly I had tennis that evening so I couldn't play a second of it 🥺

After my job end's early today, I'll be ready !!

It’s great fun playing 4 p with the family. And It’s noticable it is made by Nintendo since you have plenty oppirtunity to save the other sucky players so they don’t get left out when they fail. Simply a great social game for couch co-op. 

Around the Network
Spindel said:
Mar1217 said:

If they never play these kind of games, it's understandable. They'll get better eventually. Especially your kid probably.

Anywoo, I have the game but sadly I had tennis that evening so I couldn't play a second of it 🥺

After my job end's early today, I'll be ready !!

It’s great fun playing 4 p with the family. And It’s noticable it is made by Nintendo since you have plenty oppirtunity to save the other sucky players so they don’t get left out when they fail. Simply a great social game for couch co-op. 

Yep, Yoshis not taking damage (in trade for not being able to use power ups) is great for beginners. Plus with multiple people you can also store more power-ups. And it's a great way to explore, jump from Yoshi's back to get extra height. Or since Yoshi doesn't have power-ups anyway, we use Yoshi as a pit tester. Send Yoshi down a pit to see if there's a secret, if not just float back to the other player to continue.

The are disadvantages as well of course, getting dragged by the leader since the game always keeps the screen centered around the leader. I guess the leader (the one with the crown) is the one with the best score? I'm not sure, it changes between me and my wife seemingly randomly but there must be some logic behind it. It would be nice if it had an option to center on both of us instead of one dragging the other.

SvennoJ said:
Spindel said:

Yep, Yoshis not taking damage (in trade for not being able to use power ups) is great for beginners. Plus with multiple people you can also store more power-ups. And it's a great way to explore, jump from Yoshi's back to get extra height. Or since Yoshi doesn't have power-ups anyway, we use Yoshi as a pit tester. Send Yoshi down a pit to see if there's a secret, if not just float back to the other player to continue.

The are disadvantages as well of course, getting dragged by the leader since the game always keeps the screen centered around the leader. I guess the leader (the one with the crown) is the one with the best score? I'm not sure, it changes between me and my wife seemingly randomly but there must be some logic behind it. It would be nice if it had an option to center on both of us instead of one dragging the other.

The leader is the one who first jumped on the pole in the previous stage  Really anoying when That’s my youngest kid :P

Finished World 3 and found some of the hidden exits.

My time with this game is absolutely precious and I shall not rush it further than needed !

Btw, really gotta love how they made one of the world, a transitional hub for the other worlds. Hop in for a few beach/sea levels and get back to exploring another world. It never feels samey for too long which is cool

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Spindel said:
SvennoJ said:

The leader is the one who first jumped on the pole in the previous stage  Really anoying when That’s my youngest kid :P

Respect for you playing with 4 people. We just tried with 3 (my wife, me and our youngest), it's chaos lol. And yep he always jumps on the pole first... Both my wife and our youngest play Yoshi so I have no place to land lol. Stop getting on the back ugh.

Great fun in multiplayer but a lot of the fast stages are not suited to screen co-op. It usually ends up in, you go ahead, I'll follow as a ghost, intentionally or not. We did half the Desert world today, lots of secrets around to go back to but without the kid haha. Nintendo also needs to get rid of the lives system. It only costs 10 purple coins or so to continue with 5 new lives so it really doesn't matter. Yet it's pretty annoying you basically only get 2 new chances with 3 players as it still takes 3 lives away every time. A lot of walking around for no reason.

We found the special stages today, 5 star difficulty, we turned back around straight away lol.

Wow, Talk about emotions.. Playing this game with my kids is better than any mario game i ever played before with them.. I am loving it and so is my kids, and its bringing back mems of when i was a kid playing mario 3 with my dad. such a good game.