By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Xbox Games Showcase + Starfield Direct thread- Live now!

Rate the Xbox showcase + Starfield direct?

10 6 14.63%

9 9 21.95%

8 16 39.02%

7 3 7.32%

6 5 12.20%

5 1 2.44%

4 1 2.44%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:41

Xbox Youtube (4K 60 fps)

Bethesda Youtube (4K 60 fps)

Xbox Twitch (1080p 60 fps)

Xbox Twitch with ASL (1080p 60 fps)

Bethesda Twitch (1080p 60 fps)

Xbox Facebook (1080p 60 fps)

Subtitle support in the following languages: Albanian, Arabic (MSA), Bosnian, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Moldovan, Montenegrin, Norwegian, Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian & EU), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish (Castilian & Latin American), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese and Welsh. While we expect to have all languages available with the show’s live broadcast, it is possible that select languages may need to be added in the days following the broadcast if they have not finished translating.

There will be a version of the show with Audio Descriptions (AD) in English on the Xbox YouTube channel, American Sign Language (ASL) on Xbox’s YouTube channel and the /XboxASL Twitch channel, and British Sign Language (BSL) on Xbox On’s YouTube channel at YouTube.com/XboxUK.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 11 June 2023

Around the Network

Length: Roughly 2 hours, expected split to be about 90 minutes Xbox showcase, 30 minutes Starfield Direct

Trailers: No trailers which are pre-rendered/CG only, all trailers will feature at least some in-engine or in-game footage, either in-engine/in-game only or pre-rendered scenes + in-engine/in-game scenes. Trailers and announcements won't be limited to games planned to release within the next 12 months like last year's Summer Showcase, meaning that we will see games planned to release later than June 2024.

The following is a speculative list of games with decent to strong chances of being shown (in my opinion)

Starfield- Bethesda Game Studios

Forza Motorsport- Turn 10 Studios

Halo Infinite Season 4- 343 Industries

Avowed- Obsidian Entertainment

The Outer Worlds 2- Obsidian Entertainment

Fable- Playground Games

Contraband- Avalanche Studios and Xbox Global Publishing

Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2- Ninja Theory

Project Mara- Ninja Theory

Perfect Dark- The Initiative and Crystal Dynamics

Project Belfry/The Wandering Tower- Stoic Studios and Xbox Global Publishing

Age of Empires 4 Xbox port- World's Edge and Relic Entertainment

Age of Mythology: Retold- World's Edge

Ara: History Untold- Oxide Games and Xbox Global Publishing

Project Midnight- Compulsion Games

Table made by EpicRandy and cleaned up a bit by myself

Title Who When GamePass
Fable Playground Games - Yes
South of Midnight Compulsion Games - Yes
Star Wars - Outlaws Massive Entartainment 2024 No
33 Immortals Thunder Lotus 2024 Yes
Payday 3 Starbreeze 2023-09-21 Yes
Persona 3 Reload Atlus Early 2024 Yes
Avowed Obsidian Entertainment 2024 Yes
Sea of Thieves - Monkey Island DLC Rare Ltd. 2023-07-20 Yes
Flight Simulator 2024 Asobo Studio 2024 Yes
Flight Simulator - Dune Asobo Studio 2023-11-3 Yes
Hellblade 2 Ninja Theory 2024 Yes
Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio Early 2024 No
Fallout 76 - Atlantic City Bethesda Game Studios Soon Yes
Path of the Godess Capcom - Yes
Forza Motorsport Playground Games 2023-10-10 Yes
Elder Scroll Online Necrom Zenimax Online Entertainment 2023-06-30 Yes
Overwatch 2 - Invasion Update Blizzard Entertainment 2023-08-10 GPU bonus
Persona 5 Tactica Atlus 2023-11-17 Yes
Starfield Bethesda 2023-09-06 Yes
Jusant Don't Nod Fall 2023 Yes
Still Wakes Deep The Chinese Room Early 2024 Yes
Dungeons of Hinterberg Microbird Games 2024 Yes
Cyberpunk 2077 - Phantom Liberty CD Projekt Red 2023-09-26 No
Cities Skylines 2 Colossal Order Ltd 2023-10-24 Yes
Metaphor: ReFantazio Atlus Studio Zero 2024 No
Towerborne Stoic Studio 2024 Yes
Clockwork Revolution inXile Entertainment - Yes
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 11 June 2023

Winners: the-pi-guy

NobelTeam360

Create Your Own Bingo Card

Template #1 - Created by Iceland

Spaces to fill should all be 180x180 so you can resize an image to that size and fit it in with text overlayed.

Template #2

- - - - -
- - - - -
- - Free Space - -
- - - - -
- - - - -
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 14 June 2023

My body is so ready!

This is everything I need to know about Starfield

Around the Network

Woah, woah, woah, woah!

Why are 'c' and 'b' capitalized on my bingo card? >:

coolbeans said:

Woah, woah, woah, woah!

Why are 'c' and 'b' capitalized on my bingo card? >:

Take it up with Ryuu, he made those, not me xD

My biggest dream for this showcase would be if the MS bring back all your good IP's back. A new Conker, Banjo and Killer Instinct. However, at the end of the day I accept Gears 6 at least.

Oooof, I was meaning to get around to this but I lost track of time. 

Fable shown

Persona 3 Remake shown (day one gamepass)

Forza Motorsport release dateAvowed gameplayIndiana Jones is shown in some way
SMT V port (day one gamepass)Hellblade 2 gameplay and release datePerfect DarkNo GearsCompulsions new game
State of Decay 3 shownSilksong is MIA stillFree SpaceContraband if forgotten aboutGTA VI is revealed
Hideo Kojima is a no show (as is his game)Another Persona 5 spinoffgamepass sizzle reelUpdates on Halo and Sea of ThievesDragon Age 4
Zenimax Online game shownCyberpunk 2077 Phantom LibertyNo Starfield console announcedSquare Enix is a no showMass Effect

I kind of struggled to come up with stuff tbh. I feel like this showcase should be a blowout on games that they've announced multiple years ago and have gone radio silent on since announcing them (Fable, Perfect Dark, Avowed, State of Decay 3, etc...). 3rd parties will obviously be a part of the showcase, Cyberpunk 2077 was at previous Xbox showcases so we may see the big expansion here. Plus some new stuff may be announced too that MS hasn't revealed (compulsion game) and maybe some nice 3rd party reveals. Kind of threw in Mass Effect and Dragon Age 4 to take up some space as like I said I was running out of things to put. Atlus/Sega could have a big blowout here, I'm hoping the most for Persona 3 Remake though out of all the stuff rumored but won't complain if they show off multiple projects.

This is basically the last chance for Xbox to do notably better this generation than the previous one. Hopefully Starfield and other stuff they show really impresses.