By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you like kids ?

Do you like kids ?

I love kids. 31 67.39%

I hate kids. 15 32.61%

Total:46
Ayla said:
Cobretti2 said:

All kids are great, as they remind you of how simple life was at that age.

However, I don't put myself in risky situations, so I don't interact with them unless they approach my son and me. It is bad enough that people ask all the time is this your child just because my son has a different skin tone to me lol.

I think my view is like that because in my 20s my next door neighbour's kid was playing on the road and his mum was just sitting their on the porch with no care in the world. Next minute a car turned up my road and was flying up towards were the kid was playing. Lucky I was mowing the lawn and quickly ran out and grabbed the kid. All I got was a don't you fucking touch my kid verbal blast for 5mins. Not a thank you for saving his life. Some people are just mental that way.

Best to mind your own business in all situations. 

Well in a big city sure is, that is why you don't see many people offer help to others when you can clearly see they need it (i.e. homeless person who is on the ground in pain, person lost trying to find a place, person with a pram trying to get on a tram etc). No one smiles and says hello even.

Sadly it is somewhat understandable why people don't want to get involved because more then half the time they get an abusing response back. I seen homeless people abuse people for giving them food instead of money. I also seen them harassing single mums with prams and cornering them so they can't move trying to squeeze money out of them and people just walk by and not help. I seen people smirk at single parents struggling to get on public transport.

There is plenty more examples I could use but these are the ones I stepped in and helped out.

Maybe a few country towns out there where people still help each other out and don't throw abuse at you, but instead smile at you and say hello when they walked past you haha.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

I'm a kindergarten teacher so... what do you think?

I think you hate your career, loathe the children to the point that you have made a vow of celibacy, and it has lead to you lying to your girlfriend about being impotent, and you have contacted old peoples homes looking to see if they have very old people preferably inactive and deaf who need teaching, and you now lay awake at night wishing the covid lead remote learning boom never ended.

PS. Feel free to continue to ask for my thoughts. subject doesn't matter, and since for reasons beyond me, no one else seems to ask more than once, I'm available 24/7.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 03 June 2023

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

JackHandy said:

Children (at least the ones who don't suffer from mental illnesses), are basically humans in their purest, most honest, most innocent state. It's a shame the world forces most people to abandon that side of themselves.

I will never abandon things I loved as a child.

Last edited by Bandorr - on 02 June 2023

It totally depends on the individual. I've had to deal with both annoying and loud children and also the opposite. As long as they don't scream around all the time I may like them. I hate kids that constantly scream.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 02 June 2023

Around the Network

Kids are loud, make high pitched screeching noises, are messy, and rarely understand my sophisticated sense of humor.

Yeah, I like them.

Love and tolerate.

mjk45 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I'm a kindergarten teacher so... what do you think?

I think you hate your career, loathe the children to the point that you have made a vow of celibacy, and it has lead to you lying to your girlfriend about being impotent, and you have contacted old peoples homes looking to see if they have very old people preferably inactive and deaf who need teaching, and you now lay awake at night wishing the covid lead remote learning boom never ended.

PS. Feel free to continue to ask for my thoughts. subject doesn't matter, and since for reasons beyond me, no one else seems to ask more than once so I'm available 24/7.

Actually I'm incredibly glad the covid remote learning stuff is over. I hated that! Finally stopped having to wear a mask at work in April and that's great too!

I like kids in general, except for bratty ones and those who throw tantrums for no reason. What I usually don't like are teenagers.

I worry about today's kids, especially my cousin's kids, growing up with media that's inadequate compared to what I grew up with. If only they were growing up with good superhero cartoons instead of Cartoon Network's unstoppable atrocity Teen Titans Go. -_-

CaptainExplosion said:
JackHandy said:

Children (at least the ones who don't suffer from mental illnesses), are basically humans in their purest, most honest, most innocent state. It's a shame the world forces most people to abandon that side of themselves.

I will never abandon things I loved as a child.

I will never abandon my inner child. Imo, that is who we really are. I believe the rest is something we learn due to abuse and being treated poorly, and most of us only realize it when we're dying, or on deaths door and it's far too late to make a change. 

But that inner child, I believe, is the real you. You listen to him, and you'll do just fine.