By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GOW: Ragnarok really needs to get rid of that tired level design.

So i recently completed GOW Ragnarok and while i thought it was great game first play through. trying to 100% the game is just not fun with everything blocking your way and puzzles  every 5 minutes and even worse the puzzles are solved for you, traversal is just overall a pain. the fast travel is just so shitty. get rid of this tired design and make something like the souls or even older zeldas where you freely explore and puzzles are in the dungeons . 

Around the Network

Oh another one of these.
What other popular game can you find that you could shit on to get more attention?

And again Souls games are what everything should be like.

Kakadu18 said:

Oh another one of these.
What other popular game can you find that you could shit on to get more attention?

And again Souls games are what everything should be like.

I actually love the franchise. while GOW 2018 the level design worked cause it was much smaller, it just doesn't work  for a much bigger game like Ragnorak. i also said something like zelda oot  or dark souls. The level design really starts falling apart when exploring. have you even played the game?

I don't see a problem with the level design. However, I do hope to see more significant changes in the next GoW than we saw between 2018 and Ragnarok. The formula is great, IMO, but I've had my fill.

Around the Network
VAMatt said:

I don't see a problem with the level design. However, I do hope to see more significant changes in the next GoW than we saw between 2018 and Ragnarok. The formula is great, IMO, but I've had my fill.

have you tried 100% the game? my god is traversal feel like shit its fine if you just wanna complete the main story. yea i agree they need to change it up.

It was fine.

When I was working on the platinum, I definitely felt this in the main part of Vanaheim. 

It was extremely painful to get around, especially because the map wasn't helpful.  There are some paths that overlap, but are apparently inaccessible from each other (unless I missed where to go.) There were like 3 times when I was following the icons to get somewhere, only to find that there was no path to get there. 

Vanaheim was the only place I really felt it, most of the other maps are small enough or straight forward enough. But that one section in Vanaheim was just garbage.  

Spoiler!
The other part of Vanaheim was a huge improvement in this regard...
Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 27 May 2023

Haven't played Ragnarok yet, but I had no issues with the level design in GoW 2018.

I'm enjoying quite a bit your hot takes OP

Curious to see what is the next acclaimed game you hate it haha