By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry: Hogwarts Legacy on Last Gen

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

I can't understand why gamers care about how ancient consoles hardware run games that will most likely offer a huge downgrade. the investment for a PC or PS5 is not that much considering it will last a good 7-9 years. If you finically struggling then yea that sucks.

Some people may be planning to upgrade later but already have a PS4/Xbone, or they may want to play on Switch so they can take it on the go.

It can also just be interesting to discuss how graphics/technology works. I personally find it fascinating to see how games are re-engineered to operate on hardware less powerful than they were designed for.

understandable but we have all have seen how this plays out many times on 360/ps3/Switch for a decades now. I'm fascinated with games  actually pushing tech to its limits then butchered or sometimes a decent port on weak hardware that been done countless times already. 

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
curl-6 said:

Some people may be planning to upgrade later but already have a PS4/Xbone, or they may want to play on Switch so they can take it on the go.

It can also just be interesting to discuss how graphics/technology works. I personally find it fascinating to see how games are re-engineered to operate on hardware less powerful than they were designed for.

understandable but we have all have seen how this plays out many times on 360/ps3/Switch for a decades now. I'm fascinated with games  actually pushing tech to its limits then butchered or sometimes a decent port on weak hardware that been done countless times already. 

That's fair enough. Personally I think each case is interesting in its own way as no two games are the same. The main reason for this thread was that some months back there was discussion about whether it was even possible for Hogwarts Legacy to be ported to Switch; the PS4/Xbone version gave us some new evidence to examine.

curl-6 said:
zeldaring said:

That's fair enough. Personally I think each case is interesting in its own way as no two games are the same. The main reason for this thread was that some months back there was discussion about whether it was even possible for Hogwarts Legacy to be ported to Switch; the PS4/Xbone version gave us some new evidence to examine.

I think any game can ported. it just depends how skilled the developer is and how much money and time they wanna put in the project.