By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it ok to be amused by a game launching broken/bad?

Having fun from the resulting mess is a thing but gotta keep in mind that we, the general gaming populace, let these contrivances aside and gave the green card for this type of behavior to happen.

Jedi Survivor, Redfall being recent victims of the rushed to market mentality of these western publishers.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

Sonic 06 is one that sticks in my mind; I've never played it but I know how infamous it is. It's amusing hearing a YouTuber's or streamer's reaction when something happens that's not by design, like going through the floor or getting launched across randomly, but also witness what other new glitches they discover, because of how badly Sonic 06 was made.

AHYL88 said:

Sonic 06 is one that sticks in my mind; I've never played it but I know how infamous it is. It's amusing hearing a YouTuber's or streamer's reaction when something happens that's not by design, like going through the floor or getting launched across randomly, but also witness what other new glitches they discover, because of how badly Sonic 06 was made.

Don't forget Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. That goes without saying, though.

I do think it is okay to laugh at broken launches or games that stay broken. I don't see who it's hurting in any meaningful way. You're not threatening violence on any of the devs or publishers, and often you do know the devs were in a very unfair position.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:
AHYL88 said:

Don't forget Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. That goes without saying, though.

I do think it is okay to laugh at broken launches or games that stay broken. I don't see who it's hurting in any meaningful way. You're not threatening violence on any of the devs or publishers, and often you do know the devs were in a very unfair position.

Boom is hard to laugh at as SEGA fucked over the studio. Forcing it on Wii U and forcing them to rush it. At least 06 is SEGA fucking themselves rather than a small independent studio.

Last edited by Leynos - on 09 May 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Yes! It's hilarious!

Around the Network

If we didn't learn to laugh at these buggy games and mistakes made, we wouldn't have gems like this:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Its funny to me as long as I dont care much for the game to begin with.

It's more than okay, it's good.
If you don't point and laugh at their failures, how will they learn?