Did you even read what you posted? The first link had a quote from Phil Spencer and I quote:
"I don't think Xbox Series X is our last console", also claiming that Microsoft "will do more consoles to make that great television play experience work and be delightful."
The second link is telling us they are going to support as many platforms as possible.
Again. You DON'T have any real hard evidence that Microsoft is abandoning the Console market... So I would appreciate it if you didn't spread false rumors and try to assert them as fact.
2) Sega couldnt compete, they were the 3rd wheel and all 3rd wheels in this industry fall off or die. Thats a historical fact.
No. Sega failed to compete, so they faltered. That is how competition works.
At the time that Sega failed, Sony was the only real competitor remember, Nintendo and Microsoft were yet to launch the Gamecube and Xbox.
The whole "3rd wheel" argument is thus bullshit.
And that is a historical fact.
3) PC never needed Competition of the likes of another Steam. Its only hurt PC gamers when more try to enter. That has been obvious by many.
PC always had competition.
You keep regurgitating the same arguments, but it's not forwarding the conversation.
4) Sony doesn't have to accept GP, however they have been accepting Xbox owned games which will more than satisfy MS. Increasing their 1st party game sales. But as you mentioned before, Sony can take a cut of GP profits which i am sure they will gladly accept.
Sony is also entitled to reject games and services from it's platform.
If Microsoft wants Gamepass to succeed, then it needs a Trojan horse to do it, because Sony can very quickly shut it down without Xbox around.
That is a fact.
5) Ill be here when MS stop making Xbox consoles, they might hint of a hybrid system next gen however they are going to leave only in a matter of time. It isnt needed and many will gladly see them leave. No idea why Xbox fans defend this so hard.
I won't be. Once Microsoft abandons their consoles, then I will abandon the brand.
The console Market has evolved over the decades and thus it is only logical to assume it will keep evolving, nothing lasts forever.
6) Porting isnt an issue. They literally made almost all 360 games work BC on X1 consoles.
Almost all 360 games?
Only 633 games out of 2154 are backwards compatible.
It's a fraction of the library.
7) What does Steamdeck sales have to do with GP being officially green lit for it?
It means it's an irrelevant platform in terms of Gamepass having a bolstered user base...
Because not only have Steamdeck sales been modest, but not every Steamdeck user uses Gamepass.
Xbox hardware needs to go, it's not doing anyone any favors hanging around. The Console market isn't big enough for 3 platforms. Thats the reality Xbox fans need to understand and accept. No matter how good the hardware is.
I'm not any more of a fan of Xbox than Switch or Playstation.
I don't have a horse in this race, I just like competition and Microsoft -is- providing competition.
I am a PC gamer first and foremost. Microsoft providing hardware competition and higher-end hardware ensures that PC ports will keep pushing hardware on my preferred platform, the PC.
Give Sony and Nintendo the keys and let them drive the hardware front, its only a matter of time before the hardware market isn't necessary either.
You know people said the same thing about Nintendo handhelds that phones and tablets will make the handheld console market redundant?
And here we are in 2023. - The Switch is at 120~ million+ units sold and still going.
If you have the games and services in an attractive package, then people will still buy it.
I for one will -never- partake in cloud gaming because it is not technically feasible due to my geographical location in the world stage driving up latency, I am not the only one who feels this way either.
There is always a place for hardware.
Apologies for the 3-day delay in replying, life got stupidly busy for a little bit.