By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft is unhappy with the state of the Xbox (should Spencer be substituted?)

Leynos said:

WTF is that avatar?

It's a Galarian Zigzagoon from one of my fave Japanese artists?.

Kinda random to off-topic and go for the old avatar approach, isn't it?. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

Can’t say that I’m worried at all. If they had delivered AAA exclusives consistently but hardware was still dropping that would be one thing. But as it stands one of their biggest exclusives ever is releasing in a few months. If that still doesn’t move hardware then we can talk.

What I do think could happen is that they stop selling consoles at a loss. If their philosophy is that people should be able to play Xbox games anywhere then it doesn’t make sense to focus so hard just on console.

They should make sure that every new TV sold has the Game Pass cloud app available. And bundle those TVs with a controller and a few months of Game Pass.

Azzanation said:
twintail said:

Nah. This take had been incredibly bad for a long time, and still is. Because it makes it sound like Sony has been given a free pass, when in reality they've put in a lot of work to get to where they are. 

Sony literally entered the market and took everything that made Nintendo market leader at the time and moved them to PS

Always interesting seeing people leave out that minor detail.

Not really, Nintendo was being very anticompetitive during the early 90s, Sony discussed with the devs saying that its playstation will be fair for them

Me trying to read VGChartz

SKMBlake said:
Azzanation said:

Sony literally entered the market and took everything that made Nintendo market leader at the time and moved them to PS

Always interesting seeing people leave out that minor detail.

Not really, Nintendo was being very anticompetitive during the early 90s, Sony discussed with the devs saying that its playstation will be fair for them

Nintendo brought gaming back and recreated the console market. Majority of Devs flourished under Nintendo.

Sony influenced and took what made Nintendo great. Devs at the time weren't confident with 3D and CDs so deals were made and deals that Nintendo wouldn't be able to match.

Tell me, what was organic about the PS1? 

Around the Network

Yes, Phil Spencer needs to go and as soon as possible, because Phil Harrison won't be available forever.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Azzanation said:

The boot sound

SKMBlake said:
Azzanation said:

The boot sound

That boot sound was a game changer for sure.

Azzanation said:
SKMBlake said:

The boot sound

It's good but it's no Neo Geo MVS Bios

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Azzanation said:

It's good but it's no Neo Geo MVS Bios

Well of course, it's the PS1 startup