By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 Has Been Cancelled

Definitely a shame. These digital presentations are nowhere near as exciting as a live presentation on stage in front of a crowd. I miss when companies like Sony and Ubisoft did events that were more than just a series of trailers and had proper production value put into them. Sony's 2016 E3 conference was top notch and it's unfortunate that sort of spectacle will be far more rare now. At least stuff like the Game Awards is still around to give that sort of feeling though it's not quite the same.

Around the Network

You had to experience it in person...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I have mixed feelings about this, E3 had lost it's way but was still part gaming history.
It's on one of it's stage that, even though i was watching on streaming, Keanu Reeves took a moment to tell me specificaly that I was breathtaking. Now he didn't say my name but he did not have to either.

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 31 March 2023

I felt E3 lost its significance in the Wii era. Many have disagreed with me on that one. But it peaked in 2006. But at some point other expos and such that were much more accessible became the main shows. Another thing is most people just watched announcements and such online, there was no reason to go to E3 anymore. By 2010, or so, interest in E3 had been completely reduced to just watching the press conferences online rather than actually attending; these press conferences mostly were kind of lame. As Nintendo has shown, press conferences and presentations can be held at any time.

Other expos were getting significantly bigger in size, they were more accessible, and attending was a superior experience. E3, more or less, became the worst event to attend.

But this was it during the peak glory days. No one had any idea that by 2007 it will diminish significantly.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Cant really say im sad about it, Ive long lost interest in it, and the event itself had long lost its relevance. I had fond memories of it, but from 20-25 years ago.

Around the Network
Signalstar said:

Yeah, sad to think that up and coming video game writers at random websites won't be able to go to E3 anymore, but man I'm glad I got to when I did. 

Signalstar said:

I got to be there once. You?

I remember getting up early to see GameCube and Xbox unveiling. It was on cable tv! There was a tv personality reposting for techtv and I just had to wait for the suspense to build until they finally started their presentations. Man the anticipation was epic! After that e3 was watchable via streaming online. It was still great for a few years. But it will never be as epic as it used to be in the beginning. We know video games are huge now. Back then they felt like they were still emerging.

Anyway, e3 definitely outlived its usefulness. I lost interest a long time ago! Eclipse of an era for sure.