By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ocarina Of Time: the best game ever?

tehsage said:
But while OoT is my favorite game of all time, I don't think we can rate games against each other. Maybe we can rank games in catagories, but, you can't compare an Action/Adventure to an RPG.

Sure we can. Watch. Majora's Mask is way better than any RPG that has been or will be released. See, that wasn't so bad.

On topic, though, I find it funny that only a handful of folks here agree that Ocarina of Time is the greatest game ever. Reason #67221 to not take reviews too seriously. (For those who are wondering, "Gerstmann-Gate" is #177, slightly edging out  "1up"). But I agree with those who say that Ocarin, while a fantastic game, is not even the best Zelda.

Around the Network

IMO, OOT did something that the none of the other Zeldas didn't... I can't say what, but each time I replay it (7th time now), I just start to know it.
So, for me, best game ever.

darthdevidem01 said:
Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas comes VERY close

What revolutionary things did GTA:SA add to the franchise? What did it show us that we never saw before?

My point? That game wouldn't even be in my top 50...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
FreeTalkLive said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I'm only gonna do this once, so... here it goes...

Link's Awakening >

Is Link's Awakening DX > Link's Awakening? 

Well yeah, but I still treat them as one game since it was just polished up with tiny bits of bonus content.

I played OOT for the first time when Nintendo re-released it with Wind Waker. It WAS the best game ever. Not so much, now. Twilight Princess, Link to the Past, and even Wind Waker are better games in my opinion. Time has not been kind to PS1/N64 era gaming.

Around the Network

Yes , Yes it is.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Final Fantasy VII rules supreme!

''Hadouken!''

Best Zelda game, by far.

Not the best Game though.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

The one thing that was missing from Zelda: Ocarina of Time was the "Zelda Theme"

That is the only blemish to this game.  

All zelda games have had the "same" story since A link to the Past.

Do 3 dungeons, get master sword, do other dungeons, beat Gannon, win.

My top 10 Video Games

1.  Final Fantasy VI

2.  Zelda:  A link to the Past

3.  Final Fantasy X

4.  Resident Evil 4

5.  Final Fantasy VII

6.  Zelda:  Ocarina of Time

7.  Metal Gear Solid 2

8.  Castlevania: SOTN

9.  Super Metriod

10.  Chrono Trigger

^ Metal Gear Solid 2?

FF7, fine, I'll appreciate that opinion, I dissagree with it but acknowledge it. FFX, whatever, I played it and enjoyed it, my little sister and all her friends who hang out at hot topic like it too. But MGS2 was the without question the most dissapointing of the MGS series, a clumsy awkward game and a red flag in any "best games ever" list. It's a game whose praise is typically associated with highschoolers who think pop culture movies like the Matrix or Equilibrium are "deep". Shame on you for trying to sneak that in there. And FF8, what the heck, I mean, I liked it too, but this doesn't deserve to be in the top 50 much ales the top 10.

Your list cries out to me also in that every game on it was either the pawn of well oiled P.R. & hype machine or is an obvious popular choice of the gaming community. Try going out on a limb for a change, don't let popular opinion or media machines guide your choices. This isn't to bash your opinion, but seriously....

How can every thread that deals with FF7 degenerate into a bitter debate as to whether or not it was better game than FF6 yet no body here bothers to even try and push FF6 as a viable choice in this listing? Has anyone here actually played games prior to 1997?