By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ocarina Of Time: the best game ever?

I think that while it is certainly deserving of its status, Mario 64 is the better game. Mario 64 was more influential and revolutionary.

Around the Network

Yes it is...

Back in the days of PSX and N64, I was in a internal fight between MGS and OoT, then, I realized that I could beat MGS en 5 hours...

so OoT (:

Most wont agree but as much as i loved Mario 64 i always prefered Banjo Kazooie.

ask me again in 7 days. Then GTA4 will hopefully be my answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to go a little old school (at least some of the titles) on you people by saying my fav games are Sonic 2, Missile Command, Final Fantasy 7, and Mega Man Legends

Kickin' Those Games Old School.       -       201 Beaten Games And Counting

Around the Network

God...they are so many games in this nomination so i will list my favorite games

FFVII>OOT>Bioshock(SURPRISED!!!)>KOTOR>Half Life>WoW>Metal Gear Solid 2>FFX>Majora's Mask>Halo:Combat Evolved

Please don't crucify me Zelda fans. For a long time, I thought OOT was the best game, but FFVII has great gameplay, good graphics(not that OOT doesn't have either), but you because emotionally attached to these characters. Most people doubted this until Sephiroth stabbed Aeris through the chest and everyone was SHOCKED, SAD, AND HORRIFIED of what just happened, and OOT didn't do that as much. Both are incredibly fun games, but FFVIII gets a 9.9/10 while OOT gets 9.8999999999999999999999999999/10

I tried to play FFVII and got so bored I couldn't continue...

But while OoT is my favorite game of all time, I don't think we can rate games against each other. Maybe we can rank games in catagories, but, you can't compare an Action/Adventure to an RPG.

Ocarina of Time is what created the standard. FF7 was great, when you were 15 and it was popular, but Halo was popular too. Cultural trends don't determine a game's place at the top.

Though Twin Snakes for the GC does come pretty close to one of the best game ever.

i like Mario 64

SMW, simply the best game.