By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So GTA V never came to the Switch...

Tagged games:

BasilZero said:

GTA Trilogy probably froze plans for that.

With how bad the launch was - they probably chalked it up and considered Switch to not be a software seller for GTA as a result.

Hopefully GTAV will be on the next Nintendo system.

Maybe just maybe because the dickheads never learn and keep releasing games with "Download Required" on the cover. I am not paying money for a game that requires massive downloads to play. Granted it isn't as bad as some of the Crapcom efforts, were you get a digital code in a box, FMD.

These developers don't understand that Nintendo gamers take pride in collecting, not just playing. I don't want a collection of paper weights, but complete games

Get it all on the cart and let me enjoy it out the box. If I wanted digital I would download it.

Around the Network
Radek said:

They realized they wouldn't be able to port Online portion of the game with just 3 GB of RAM and not the fastest CPU.

PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game already run at 15-20 fps in sessions with more than 10 people.

Though a $40 Single Player only release was possible they chose not to do it :(

The problem is even if Switch had the online infrastructure, would majority of Nintendo gamers use it? In my personal experiences, I find that most Nintendo gamers prefer the single player campaigns as they are older and working now. Who has time for online these days? 

Let's assume they would use it, how many would then accept microtransactions? Most Nintendo gamers are against them, so I doubt it would generate much passive income for Rockstar. 

Cobretti2 said:
Radek said:

They realized they wouldn't be able to port Online portion of the game with just 3 GB of RAM and not the fastest CPU.

PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game already run at 15-20 fps in sessions with more than 10 people.

Though a $40 Single Player only release was possible they chose not to do it :(

The problem is even if Switch had the online infrastructure, would majority of Nintendo gamers use it? In my personal experiences, I find that most Nintendo gamers prefer the single player campaigns as they are older and working now. Who has time for online these days? 

Let's assume they would use it, how many would then accept microtransactions? Most Nintendo gamers are against them, so I doubt it would generate much passive income for Rockstar. 

It would be best to just release Single Player only, but obviously they didn't think as we do.

Cobretti2 said:

Maybe just maybe because the dickheads never learn and keep releasing games with "Download Required" on the cover. I am not paying money for a game that requires massive downloads to play. Granted it isn't as bad as some of the Crapcom efforts, were you get a digital code in a box, FMD.

These developers don't understand that Nintendo gamers take pride in collecting, not just playing. I don't want a collection of paper weights, but complete games

Get it all on the cart and let me enjoy it out the box. If I wanted digital I would download it.

I think its safe to say that "Nintendo gamers take pride in collecting" are a very very low minority.

Majority of people who own any of the game systems dont buy games to collect, they buy them to play games. There's a reason why the number of consoles and games being sold nowadays is higher than how it was in the 1980s or 1990s.