By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - It's ok to be angry about Capitalism

Cobretti2 said:
SvennoJ said:

It's more as long as there are people powerless enough to exploit, they will be exploited. We're all part of the 10% that have options to choose what to do and where. Half the world's population lives on $6.85 a day or less. You either put up with a sweat shop or don't eat.

We have the luxury to be angry at Capitalism while reaping all the benefits of the exploitation of those without options.

I was more referring to on a local scale within their own country where they don't want them to be educated and want them to believe everything that is said to them, however that is one thing I missed, capitalism via globalisation is another way for people to exploit the less vulnerable.  

Globalisation is what keeps capitalism going in western countries, or rather how we got to this super greed state. Workers revolted, unions were created to curb capitalism doing its worst in the past. Yet then companies outsourced their work to low wage countries so locally they can sell products for less, undercut the competition, and thus also pay people less, keeping the cost of living down enough so people don't rise up. And indeed erode education, erode and demonize unions, while spending on marketing to keep on selling the 'American dream' fallacy.

I wonder how things will look when low wage countries are done working for rich countries and cheap oil is gone so it's no longer 'beneficiary' to ship livestock to China to be slaughtered and processed there, to ship it back to the supermarkets here. And when we can't ship cheap seasonal workers in from South America anymore to do our harvest for us.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Cobretti2 said:

I was more referring to on a local scale within their own country where they don't want them to be educated and want them to believe everything that is said to them, however that is one thing I missed, capitalism via globalisation is another way for people to exploit the less vulnerable.  

Globalisation is what keeps capitalism going in western countries, or rather how we got to this super greed state. Workers revolted, unions were created to curb capitalism doing its worst in the past. Yet then companies outsourced their work to low wage countries so locally they can sell products for less, undercut the competition, and thus also pay people less, keeping the cost of living down enough so people don't rise up. And indeed erode education, erode and demonize unions, while spending on marketing to keep on selling the 'American dream' fallacy.

I wonder how things will look when low wage countries are done working for rich countries and cheap oil is gone so it's no longer 'beneficiary' to ship livestock to China to be slaughtered and processed there, to ship it back to the supermarkets here. And when we can't ship cheap seasonal workers in from South America anymore to do our harvest for us.

If we've achieved cheap mobile robots that everyone can own by then, which are extremely efficient and useful, then things could be ok.

If we haven't, things will get really really bad, whether there are no robots, or whether they're still to expensive for the average citizen.

The cheek of this CEO after receiving her generous bonuses then chastised her employees for wanting a share 

“we’re talking about it right now Senator Sanders” and then proceeds to not let him talk about it

One CNN CEO made $250 million last year, he is opposed to 11k writers getting that in equal share over the whole industry :/ 

Around the Network

Even t that right-wing Eddie Munster impersonator (Brent Shapiro) is mad at capitalism right now as the Barbie film continued to earn and earn, currently heading to 1.3 billion USD.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

There is not such thing as capitalism it is all controlled by the meow oligarchs.

BiON!@