By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Jordan Peele announces untitled 4th movie, to drop Christmas 2024

[Source]

Jordan Peele’s Fourth Movie in the Works, Set for Christmas 2024 Release

Jordan Peele’s next film is coming to the big screen in time for Christmas… of 2024.

Universal Pictures, which released the filmmaker’s prior features “Get Out,” “Us” and “Nope,” added an “Untitled Fourth Film Directed by Jordan Peele” to its release calendar. It’s set to open in theaters nationwide on Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2024.

On its current date, Peele’s upcoming project will premiere one week after James Cameron’s “Avatar 3” and “Sonic the Hedgehog 3,” which will both debut on Dec. 20, 2024. Universal’s big-screen adaptation of the “Wicked” musical was previously slated to land on the same weekend, but the studio recently pushed up its release date to Thanksgiving.

Gutsy move considering it's going up against Sonic 3 (hot off Sonic 2, which outgrossed its predecessor by over $100m and will be introducing another popular character in Shadow) and Avatar 3 (sequel to 2 of the highest-grossing movies of all time, one being the highest).

It's a double-edged sword of a move in that this'll give people more options for the Christmas holiday (people who want to watch a horror/psychological thriller with their wife/SO and/or older kids can now do so), but it'll also cut into its box office.

Then again, Bumblebee and Spider-Man: into the Spider-Verse did decent going up against the $1.1b-grossing Aquaman during the Christmas 2018 holiday season, so maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Around the Network
KManX89 said:

[Source]

Jordan Peele’s Fourth Movie in the Works, Set for Christmas 2024 Release

Jordan Peele’s next film is coming to the big screen in time for Christmas… of 2024.

Universal Pictures, which released the filmmaker’s prior features “Get Out,” “Us” and “Nope,” added an “Untitled Fourth Film Directed by Jordan Peele” to its release calendar. It’s set to open in theaters nationwide on Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2024.

On its current date, Peele’s upcoming project will premiere one week after James Cameron’s “Avatar 3” and “Sonic the Hedgehog 3,” which will both debut on Dec. 20, 2024. Universal’s big-screen adaptation of the “Wicked” musical was previously slated to land on the same weekend, but the studio recently pushed up its release date to Thanksgiving.

Gutsy move considering it's going up against Sonic 3 (hot off Sonic 2, which outgrossed its predecessor by over $100m and will be introducing another popular character in Shadow) and Avatar 3 (sequel to 2 of the highest-grossing movies of all time, one being the highest).

It's a double-edged sword of a move in that this'll give people more options for the Christmas holiday (people who want to watch a horror/psychological thriller with their wife/SO and/or older kids can now do so), but it'll also cut into its box office.

Then again, Bumblebee and Spider-Man: into the Spider-Verse did decent going up against the $1.1b-grossing Aquaman during the Christmas 2018 holiday season, so maybe I'm reading too much into it.

I'd say that date is most likely a placeholder for now.

Nope was terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I’m looking forward to it. Jordan Peele has basically made three great horror films in three different sub-genres. He’s solidified himself as one of the top 5 current filmmakers in horror (my list of currents would include Eggers, Aster, and Wan, fifth would be if Jonathan Glazer makes another horror).

I liked Us more than Get Out, and Nope was his most experimental, most visceral, and most interesting film to date. So, I think it’s fair to expect nothing short of fantastic for his next film. I don’t even have a guess what it could be.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Signalstar said:

Nope was terrible.

Nope

Around the Network

Looking forward to it, so far Ive enjoyed all his movies. I hope its a creature feature lol, would be nice to see his take on that.

You wouldn't think someone as funny as Jordan Peele could do movies so scary. XD

CaptainExplosion said:

You wouldn't think someone as funny as Jordan Peele could do movies so scary. XD

The element of subverting expectation in a scene beat is something horror and comedy have in common. So, in a way, comedy and horror are kind of siblings. Ari Aster (Hereditary and Midsommar) also came from a comedy background… though, dark comedy.

Even Hitchcock approached suspense and horror comedically.

https://amp.theguardian.com/film/2013/feb/08/alfred-hitchcock-psycho-joke

They also have kind of a similar effect as comedy. While sitting in a very tense film and a creak during a very intense scene scares someone, or the lurking killer appears and terrifies the whole audience, the reaction from the crowd once the tension dissipates is often laughter.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 23 March 2023

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Signalstar said:

Nope was terrible.

YUP!

Ayla said:
Signalstar said:

Nope was terrible.

YUP!

Do you guys have any particular reasons why it's terrible, or is this just you personally not liking it? Because if you call something terrible you should at least back that claim up. Whereas if you say you just personally didn't like it then you don't really need to back it up. One statement is all encompassing and the other is just dealing with yourself as an individual.