As we all know, games are like movies: They have a age rating based on content. But sometimes, kids dodge that system and play games not exactly suitable for their age. Have you ever did that?
When I were a kid, around 9-10 years old, I had two on my SNES:
- Street Fighter II (Teen) - Not a problem IMO. It's a very mild fighting game.
- Killer Instinct (Teen) - Yeah, this one is way more violent than Street Fighter. Still, not that much of a deal, I guess.
Also, I played:
- Doom (Mature) - Borrowed from a friend. At that time, this friend told me that he almost were arrested for playing it as a underage.
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Mature) - I don't like it, but I played a couple of times from family and friends.
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Teen) - At my friend's house.
I think that's all... There weren't many "mature" games around at that time.