By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 10, 2023 (Feb 27 - Mar 05)

UnderwaterFunktown said:

PS5 will take the year to date lead soon, but I expect that in Japan this momentum will eventually run out and we will see more modest numbers, so I still think Switch will be comfortably on top at the end of the year. Still, the PS5 might already have outsold its total for last year before it slows notably, so it's certainly gonna have a massive year.

Yes, the PS4 and PS3 peaks were 1.9m and 1.7m respectively. Even with a 30% drop YoY the Switch will sell around 3.4m.

This is the best opening 10 weeks for a PlayStation home console since the PS2 in 2005 and during that year the PS2 sold 2.2m.

Only selling around PS2 peak could beat Switch for the whole year.

Around the Network

But... what are they buying with those consoles? xD

Vodacixi said:

Edit : I misread the post. LOL

They are getting ready for FFXVI, the future best game ever... at least until FFVII Rebirth comes out.

Last edited by CloudxTifa - on 10 March 2023

OP updated with top 30 software

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

CloudxTifa said:
Vodacixi said:

Probably people.

You mean Persona? Well, yeah, that's pretty popular in Japan... 

Around the Network
CloudxTifa said:
Vodacixi said:

Probably people.

They're buying people with their consoles. That's messed up!

Signature goes here!

LMAO I was tired sorry ^^ I misread the post.

No I was thinking the post was saying "Who buys it ?" So I answered that.

TruckOSaurus said:
CloudxTifa said:

Probably people.

They're buying people with their consoles. That's messed up!

You can't imagine the things that you can find in their store

We reap what we sow

Kirby remains supreme in Japan and might stay in the spotlight for another week or two depending on the future releases.

Can't really say if the sales for Wo Long are exactly what Koei Tecmo would've wanted from it's new IP. Seems like nothing will beat the Nintendo Musou affair they had going so far.

Also, depending on hardware results next week, this message this might be the first step towards PS5 stabilisation now that stock issues are mostly gone so the crazed crowds are diminishing.

Switch still putting an actual fight even against 2019 numbers.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Also, depending on hardware results next week, this message this might be the first step towards PS5 stabilisation now that stock issues are mostly gone so the crazed crowds are diminishing.

Stabilization of the baseline?  Well the issue is that there is no established baseline even now.  Looking at the weekly numbers since launch posted earlier in the thread, the first thing that pops out is how erratic the sales are week to week.   And funny enough the last few weeks are also the most stable since the third weed of launch. 

And of course compounding the issue of no stock is the fact that we now have pent up demand.  Two months of sales aren't gonna satisfy this and it's not just a crowd of crazed people.   

Because of this we should expect stock and sales to fluctuate wildly for at least a few more months before we can establish an accurate baseline.  The last 2 and a half years of data don't give us any insight into what it should be and neither will next week's numbers.