By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February NPD 2023 Thread + Predictions - NPD Renamed to Circana

its really hardo to say, but very interesting.
i think:
1. PlayStation 5 (if the delivery bottlenecks are really completely over?)
2. switch
3. xbox
in the USA. but maybe last month, xbox number 2 - it is possible.

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 28 March 2023

Around the Network

News starting to come out. PS5 1st in Revenue and Units sold as expected.

Rankings
Units: 1) PS5 2) Switch 3) XBS
Dollars: 1) PS5 2) XBS 3) Switch

Xbox actually beat Switch in revenue which is a surprise to me.

Zippy6 said:

News starting to come out. PS5 1st in Revenue and Units sold as expected.

Rankings
Units: 1) PS5 2) Switch 3) XBS
Dollars: 1) PS5 2) XBS 3) Switch

Xbox actually beat Switch in revenue which is a surprise to me.

That likely means Xbox Series X|S sales isn't too far behind Switch, though we shall see when I run the numbers. PS5 must be well ahead of both of them. I'm just getting online now. I do plan on having the Americas estimates up later today. 

Last edited by trunkswd - on 29 March 2023

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

insane ps5 sales. I believe the ps5 will have a great quarter

OP updated with VGChartz article on the Circana (NPD) report.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
jvmkdg said:

insane ps5 sales. I believe the ps5 will have a great quarter

But will they meet the insanely high shipping target? We already know they basically sold 3 million in January and February, which is really solid.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

PS5 set a PlayStation record for February. So sales for February in the US are >538K. 

trunkswd said:

PS5 set a PlayStation record for February. So sales for February in the US are >538K. 

An absolutely monstrous month for PlayStation 5. That all-time record Q1 shipments is looking more and more possible.

Zippy6 said:
trunkswd said:

An absolutely monstrous month for PlayStation 5. That all-time record Q1 shipments is looking more and more possible.

That information does help quite a bit with me doing the estimates.

Massive month for the PlayStation 5! Even if Sony only manage to ship 5M this quarter, that would be higher than any non holiday month from the Switch, and would be the highest non holiday quarter for PlayStation consoles.

Also, The Last of Us charting in a revenue based chart is huge, since most copies of the game are at $10 - $20.