By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February NPD 2023 Thread + Predictions - NPD Renamed to Circana

Hopefully we will get the numbers.

Around the Network
yo33331 said:

Can't we just continue using NPD in the titles here ?

I will probably end up using both going forward. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

The new name seems way off to me, "The NPD Group" was a perfect fit for a company doing market research, Circana sounds more like... the name of an AI or something. Maybe all their estimates will be AI generated from now on?

But since I'm here I'll place predictions as well:

Revenue: 445k

[PS5] 525k
[NS] 275k
[XBS] 240k

sounds like a cross between  a circus and some kind of a bug.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

PS5: 600k
Switch: 300k
Xbox: 225k

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
mjk45 said:
UnderwaterFunktown said:

The new name seems way off to me, "The NPD Group" was a perfect fit for a company doing market research, Circana sounds more like... the name of an AI or something. Maybe all their estimates will be AI generated from now on?

But since I'm here I'll place predictions as well:

Revenue: 445k

[PS5] 525k
[NS] 275k
[XBS] 240k

sounds like a cross between  a circus and some kind of a bug.

That is why the name sounded familiar to me! Cicadas!

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Any more predictions?

As Cosmic mentioned it is time to get in your final predictions with NPD coming out on Wednesday. 

If anyone is wondering I will keep labeling this threads as NPD with Circana (the new name of the comapny) also mentioned.

Last edited by trunkswd - on 27 March 2023

[PS5] ~1m

[XBS] 290k

[SWI] 320k

Just thjnking out loud:

You know looking around and on Amazon and other sites I think we are all putting the Xbox closer to the Switch then it should be. Myself included.

If it turns out that the Switch beats the Xbox in $ sales in Feb we will know for sure we have Xbox too high because with the Forza bundle (#1Xbox) there is simple no way units can be that close and Switch take the $$.

If however Xbox beats Switch on $$ then our close predictions and more conceivable.