By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's the Best Year the Switch had?

Best Year for the Switch

Mar 2017-Mar 2018 (BOTW, ... 37 77.08%

Mar 2018-Mar 2019(SSBU, L... 0 0%

Mar 2019-Mar 2020(SMM2, L... 4 8.33%

Mar 2020-Mar 2021(ACNH, S... 0 0%

Mar 2021-Mar 2022(Metroid... 3 6.25%

Mar 2022-Mar 2023(XB3, SV... 4 8.33%

Total:48

The Switch is officially 6 years old and it has definitely gone through quite a story so far. But I want to find out which year during the switch's lifetime was the pinnacle. And I'm not just talking about games. NSO, newer models, newer accessories, etc. Also I'll be defining the years based on the release of the switch. So let me know in the poll what year was the best for you being a switch owner. Personally for me it was march 2019 to March 2020. It was when I had a new job and I had a lot of games like Luigi's Mansion 3 and Super Mario Maker 2 that I bought thanks to it. Plus that was when we got the Super Nintendo games on NSO.

Last edited by 123tbones - on 03 March 2023

Around the Network

Where is Super Mario Odyssey?

Seriously? No Super Mario Odyssey?

Definitely it's first year. Mario Kart, Super Mario Odyssey and BOTW.

For me, 2019. Astral Chain. Daemon X Machina. Links Awakening. Dragon Quest XI-S. Trais Strikes Again. Tales of vesperia HD. Psikyo collections. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Raiden V. Ninja Warriors Again Remake. Collection of Mana.

Every year has been amazing for me owning the Switch. 2019 Stands out for me the most as Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina really hit the spot for me and I have put hundreds of hours into DXM.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Just added Odyssey. Sorry guys crisis averted.

Now i can vote haha

Can't go wrong with that first year of software! Hopefully the successor can have a launch year just as good!

2022 I'd say.

The sheer number of quality games last year was immense; Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Bayonetta 3, It Takes Two, Nier Automata, 13 Sentinels, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Prodeus, FIST Forged In Shadow Torch, Lunistice, Neon White...

It may not have had quite as stratospheric highs as 2017, but it had way more good games overall.

2017 was an incredible starter year for the console.

Though I'd say last year's output(2022) was clearly the one for my tastes in general on 1st Party and 3rd party side of games. Kirby, Xenoblade, Ai the Somnium Files, Triangle Strategy, Live A Live remake, Disco Elysium (Switch version).

Honestly, one of my favorite year of gaming in general since the 3DS A days.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909