By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| We have Stellar Helldiving Bots

Kyuu said:
zeldaring said:

Astro bot has a great shot imo.

100%. But so far Rebirth has no competition. AstroBot looking amazing but I'm rooting for Rebirth. Modern SquareEnix never deserved a GOTY award more than they do now. Sony already won a few, though it would still be cool if Japan Studio's remnant wins one.

Any chance Metroid Prime 4 gets released this year? I wouldn't count Nintendo out yet. I'm looking forward to Wukong too, might be a surprise contender.

I can't fathom a prime 4 launch.  There isn't even a single picture, muchless video, of prime 4.  Going from nothing to a full launch in 6 months seems crazy.  I don't see it.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:
Kyuu said:

100%. But so far Rebirth has no competition. AstroBot looking amazing but I'm rooting for Rebirth. Modern SquareEnix never deserved a GOTY award more than they do now. Sony already won a few, though it would still be cool if Japan Studio's remnant wins one.

Any chance Metroid Prime 4 gets released this year? I wouldn't count Nintendo out yet. I'm looking forward to Wukong too, might be a surprise contender.

I can't fathom a prime 4 launch.  There isn't even a single picture, muchless video, of prime 4.  Going from nothing to a full launch in 6 months seems crazy.  I don't see it.  

They showed Astral Chain out of nowhere in the Feb 2019 Direct and it was released August that year. Mario Maker 2 Feb direct released in the summer.  Nintendo does this often. They can also afford to sit on games with Switch and they have several times. Hell they shadow dropped Metroid Prime Remaster and physicals went on sale a couple of weeks later.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
Chrkeller said:

They showed Astral Chain out of nowhere in the Feb 2019 Direct and it was released August that year. Mario Maker 2 Feb direct released in the summer.  Nintendo does this often. They can also afford to sit on games with Switch and they have several times. Hell they shadow dropped Metroid Prime Remaster and physicals went on sale a couple of weeks later.

Anything is possible.  The question is likelihood.  I don't see it happening with Prime 4.  But I would love to be wrong.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

-Adonis- said:

PlayStation found a new mascot ?

Considering Astro thing is cosplays of other beloved characters it sure should be, because then PlayStation can have a personalized mascot everytime they decide to celebrate a game launch or commemorate an anniversary.

Astro is actually a genius idea as a mascot.

Maybe Astrobot will be in the west but Toro is still Sony's Japanese mascot.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

I'm feeling good about Astro Bot.

Platformers aren't really my jam, but Team Asobi might put on a masterclass with the Dualsense, and that might be enough for me to bite on Day One lol. Sony could have two surprise hits on their hands this year!

so true. Pre-orders seem to be big. Astro Bot even has over 150 PlayStation characters as cameos

September-Release.

KazumaKiryu said:
PotentHerbs said:

I'm feeling good about Astro Bot.

Platformers aren't really my jam, but Team Asobi might put on a masterclass with the Dualsense, and that might be enough for me to bite on Day One lol. Sony could have two surprise hits on their hands this year!

so true. Pre-orders seem to be big. Astro Bot even has over 150 PlayStation characters as cameos

September-Release.

loving that this has difficulty option will be playing on the hardest challenge, this might be the best 3d platformer ever as long as they don't over do it with the collection stuff. 

twintail said:

I'd love more Astro spinoffs. I'd love a new Sackboy. Which reminds me, what exactly is the PS5 game that Sumo are working on?

Little Devil... whatever has happened to this? Can only hope it's alive and trucking along. Hopefully Sony just jump in and help the devs get the game out.

The last rumor about Sumo Digital's project is that its an open world game. I actually think they might be ready to show something this year with how long its been since Sackboy released. 

And we actually got a new trailer for Little Devil Inside earlier this year! 

Am I the only one who is more hyped for Lego Horizon than Astro Bot lol? I'm glad Guerrilla Games is pushing new genres with this upcoming Lego collaboration.

Outside of Astro Bot, Horizon is an IP that can be expanded into different games, such as the rumored MMO from NCSoft, or the upcoming multiplayer project, that has potential to actually sell well, on top of having lots of potential as a multimedia project.

PotentHerbs said:

Am I the only one who is more hyped for Lego Horizon than Astro Bot lol? I'm glad Guerrilla Games is pushing new genres with this upcoming Lego collaboration.

Outside of Astro Bot, Horizon is an IP that can be expanded into different games, such as the rumored MMO from NCSoft, or the upcoming multiplayer project, that has potential to actually sell well, on top of having lots of potential as a multimedia project.

I think AstroBot has the potential to expand into other genres as well - moreso easier than Horizon.

For an example, I can see a turn based or action RPG from Astro Bot moreso than Horizon or even a racing game.

Speaking of which, they could easily do a Mario Kart like clone (that is proper than LBP Karting) especially since Astro Bot is more of a fanservice IP that celebrates Playstation, it'll make sense to expand Astro Bot into a Mario Kart clone (with their own features).