By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I was hoping for more PC ports :(

Koragg said:

The rumored titles for next to be ported on PC which were reported earlier were....

• Demon's Souls
  • Ghost of Tsushima (Released)
  • God of War Ragnarok (Released)
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
  • The Last of Us Part 2

So either Demon's Souls, GT7, Spider-Man 2 or TLoU Part 2 will be released next.

https://gamerant.com/playstation-ps5-pc-ports-leaks-rumors-games-list/

BasilZero said:
Koragg said:

The rumored titles for next to be ported on PC which were reported earlier were....

• Demon's Souls
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
  • The Last of Us Part 2

So either Demon's Souls, GT7, Spider-Man 2 or TLoU Part 2 will be released next.

Damn....last of us 2 and demon souls has still not released on PC? been 4-5 years now since PS got those.

NoLimitVito said:
BasilZero said:

• Demon's Souls
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Marvel's Spider-Man 2
  • The Last of Us Part 2

Damn....last of us 2 and demon souls has still not released on PC? been 4-5 years now since PS got those.

Yeah, PlayStation is still working on their backlog while also getting new releases ready to release on PC. We got Tsushima just this year after 4 years, but also we got Ragnarok after less than 2 years. It allows Sony to have a constant drip feed of PC ports at a steady rate.

Around the Network

TLOU 2 was "remastered" earlier this year for PS5, so that's probably going to come to PC earlier next year. 

PS5 Stuff that has yet to make it to PC:

Astro Bot
The Last of Us Part II Remastered
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade (soon)
Spider-Man 2
Gran Turismo 7
Astro's Playroom
Demon's Souls

I'm certain Astro's Playroom won't make it. Demon's Souls, TLOU 2, Spider-Man 2 will probably be the slate for next year.

PS4 games going backwards:
Concrete Genie
MediEvil
Shadow of the Colossus
Knack 2 + 1
Gravity Rush 2 + 1
The Last Guardian
Ratchet and Clank (2016)
The Order 1886
God of War III Remastered
Uncharted 1-3
Bloodborne
Killzone: Shadow Fall

I removed most of the really obvious stuff that 100% will never make it (like the pile of MLB The Shows). Also removed Dreams since that is dead.

A lot of the PS4 stuff seems very unlikely. Between being a failure or being too old. 

The Order absolutely could just be ported over, since it's still a stunner, but it wasn't critically or commercially acclaimed. 

I could see Sony pushing for full Uncharted, God of War remakes the same way that we saw TLOU 1 remake. It'd be a lot of work, but I think they'd find that worth more than making a Knack remaster... 

I feel like there's 1 game in particular on that PS4 list that sticks out, that was successful and modern enough to be worth a PC port.

At this point I think GT7 will never be ported to PC, which is sad, as it's IMO the game that would benefit the most from a PC port, not because of the hardware, but because there is a big audience ready for it there.

Just saw that Ghost of Tsushima sold over 13M copies, that's amazing!

the-pi-guy said:

TLOU 2 was "remastered" earlier this year for PS5, so that's probably going to come to PC earlier next year. 

PS5 Stuff that has yet to make it to PC:

Astro Bot
The Last of Us Part II Remastered
Rise of the Ronin
Stellar Blade (soon)
Spider-Man 2
Gran Turismo 7
Astro's Playroom
Demon's Souls

I'm certain Astro's Playroom won't make it. Demon's Souls, TLOU 2, Spider-Man 2 will probably be the slate for next year.

PS4 games going backwards:
Concrete Genie
MediEvil
Shadow of the Colossus
Knack 2 + 1
Gravity Rush 2 + 1
The Last Guardian
Ratchet and Clank (2016)
The Order 1886
God of War III Remastered
Uncharted 1-3
Bloodborne
Killzone: Shadow Fall

I removed most of the really obvious stuff that 100% will never make it (like the pile of MLB The Shows). Also removed Dreams since that is dead.

A lot of the PS4 stuff seems very unlikely. Between being a failure or being too old. 

The Order absolutely could just be ported over, since it's still a stunner, but it wasn't critically or commercially acclaimed. 

I could see Sony pushing for full Uncharted, God of War remakes the same way that we saw TLOU 1 remake. It'd be a lot of work, but I think they'd find that worth more than making a Knack remaster... 

I feel like there's 1 game in particular on that PS4 list that sticks out, that was successful and modern enough to be worth a PC port.

I don't think Sony has much interest in going back into the PS4 gen anymore. The only PS4 games that made their way to PC that weren't previously remastered at their release on PC were God of War, Days Gone, and Horizon Zero Dawn. And those were among the first PC ports. Horizon is now remastered for PS5 and Days Gone for PS5 appears to be next. Grubb is even doubling down on that happening. I wouldn't be surprised if God of War 2018 gets remastered at some point

But Sony does seem focused on PS5 games getting ported going forward. They're still working on finishing up their early PS5 backlog as well as simultaneously working on newer games. Tsushima finally made its way over after several years, and Ragnarök made its way over after less than 2 years. I think that's a good steady combo of releasing an older game along with a somewhat newer game, and then mixing in live service day 1 games as well as I'm guessing remakes going forward like they are with Until Dawn? Either way, that's a pretty steady release schedule when it comes to PC ports.

What will really be interesting is when Sony finally finishes up their backlog and there's more dry spells. 

It tickles me that Astrobot may go on to sell more than Horizon Forbidden West (8.5m as of last summer) if this early sign of strong legs keeps up 

But it it also brings me back to the fact that Horizon seemed to underperformed and hasn't really been seen in charts post launch window. Sony seems keen on doubling down on it as a flagship franchise, but I think the audience will really stall/decline without some signifcant gameplay and maybe even protagonist innovations. I bought both the first and second installment and I put both down quite early on, intending to return to them later but never quite finding the motivation. Didn't help that I played I played the first installment immediately after the masterpiece that was Breathe of the Wild. Considering Zero Dawn sold 20m, I dare say people saw promise and were wowed initially by the visuals and art direction but didn't make strong attachments to the characters or the world itself.

Last edited by Otter - 3 days ago