By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Spoiler alert but Kaine from Nier has a penis. Oh no an agenda. Golly gee dang. It's almost like any world real or fiction can be full of all different types of people who have a story and individuality.

Last edited by Leynos - on 19 December 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Cheap PC ports only require an email? Someone from within Sony please email for PS3 collections (God of War Saga, Jak and Daxter, Sly, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, etc) to get remastered to be re-released for both PS5 and PC :(

BasilZero said:

Cheap PC ports only require an email? Someone from within Sony please email for PS3 collections (God of War Saga, Jak and Daxter, Sly, Ratchet and Clank, Resistance, etc) to get remastered to be re-released for both PS5 and PC :(

Just like Bloodborne, these ports are estimated to cost $30,000,001 each, so no, unfortunately.

All those sales number got debunked, is crazy how misinformation spreads these days

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

All those sales number got debunked, is crazy how misinformation spreads these days

they were fake?

Around the Network
zeldaring said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

they were fake?

Loud minority of sony haters twisting the leak on twitter, other fanboys spreading around the net and other forums and press picking it up and slapping a half ass article ,others use rumour to not get shit after all its debunked. The usual.

I love the terrible takes by the usual suspects taking all over the internet.

IT'S NOT SUSTAINABLEz

I got news for ya, we're at least two generations into SONY strategy of pushing premium single player content and it's only proving more successful with each entry. Not only that, but these games are becoming multi-media franchises that can be monetised outside of the Playstation realm. 24 Emmy nominations and a second season in the works, I doubt anybody is asking ND what they're doing.

Similar success stories for God Of War or Horizon is reasonable to expect. Even something Twisted Metal seem to have done well critically because it's being handled with care. Yet, somehow, SONY's business model isn't sustainable but wanting all triple AAA games to drop day one on Gamepass is; even when we know Xbox sales come to a complete halt in Europe and it on a free fall crashing in the USA, this is after all the (non-premium) drops GP had this year.

Despite the PS5 shortages seriously holding them back this generation, the leaks tell us SONY has struck the right balance between attracting players to subscription services offering a vast selection of games to choose from and charging for premium AAA content that is industry-leading, whether I like this type of content or not is a different matter, but there is a strategy here that is differentiating the brand in a way that sorely lacking during the PS1-PS3 eras. I wouldn't be surprised if MS is looking at their GP strategy now and wondering if they need to rethink it especially if Xbox hardware continue to tank.

The leaks also tell us SONY is doubling down on premium content, which is great. Now if only one of those GAAS break out in a viral way, let's see how it turns out...

Finally, I did have suspicions that SONY might be planning a Marvel-based universe when they announced Wolverine, and it does seem like they have struck great licensing deals with Marvel that goes way beyond what I suspected. The highly efficient Insomniac being the head of this project is a perfect fit giving that they're releasing AAA(A) game every 2 years, won't be long now before it turns into a universe that can replicate Marvel success story in the movies industry.

PS5 hit 50M sold to customers as of Dec 9th. 1 week behind PS4.

the-pi-guy said:
zeldaring said:

We not only play as said lesbian character, and meet a trans boy who has significant bearing on the story, but we also play as a buff unlikeable  woman female power character who kills one of the best video game character of all time. like its all about pushing their  views instead of actually making well developed characters with a good story. everywhere in the game the females are the generals and the ones in power.

Oh no, these games have a variety of characters. 

What a terrible agenda. 

I don't even really care about TLOU 2, I thought it was a disappointment for me personally story wise; despite the fact that TLOU 1 is one of my top 3 favorite games.

I'm just tired of hearing of "the agenda of buff woman kill my favorite character", "agenda of people I don't like are included in this video game".

Not everything you disagree/dislike is an agenda. Plenty of things you do like/agree with is an agenda; regardless of whether you recognize that.

zeldaring said:

everywhere in the game the females are the generals and the ones in power.

The head of WLF is a man. 

Variety of characters and the agenda didn't bother me.  I did think Last 2 was mediocre and wasn't half the game the first was.  The writing was terrible and level design was boring.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Hopefully everyone did their prelim GOTY voting.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/247897/vgchartz-official-game-of-the-year-2023-ndash-preliminary-voting-now-open/