By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
RolStoppable said:

The goal of the far-right is the same in every democratic country: Destroy democracy from within.

So what if they are the reason for all the current problems. They've already brainwashed their voters into believing everything they say and distrusting everything someone else says. That's the strategy.

The USA as a whole has behaved stupid enough to give the biggest loons of the republican enough confidence to go for it. The perception of January 6th among American voters is the foundation of this, because it shows how far gone many Americans already are.

The further left or right you go, the more they are the same. Aka. Horse-shoe political theory.

Center-right leaning individuals definitely do not wish to destroy democracy anymore than center-left.

Just because someone is conservative also doesn't mean they agree with all the agenda's pushed forth by the conservative side like abortion either... Or even adhere to various conspiracy theories.
The binary Left vs Right is a silly debate and I would love for political discussions to move on from that and move onto debating various policies and legislature on a merits basis rather than simply shutting it down because their opponents pushed it.

Obviously the media plays a big role... I.E. Fox vs CNN can propagate fake information just as readily as each other... And they love to sensationalize and "rally" their support base... It's what helps make them money in the end.

As for January 6th... Trump should be jailed just for that without question.

Peaceful protest is a democratic right across the globe in free societies... Storming the capital and rallying your fan-base to do it is blatantly illegal.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:

The further left or right you go, the more they are the same. Aka. Horse-shoe political theory.

Center-right leaning individuals definitely do not wish to destroy democracy anymore than center-left.

Just because someone is conservative also doesn't mean they agree with all the agenda's pushed forth by the conservative side like abortion either... Or even adhere to various conspiracy theories.
The binary Left vs Right is a silly debate and I would love for political discussions to move on from that and move onto debating various policies and legislature on a merits basis rather than simply shutting it down because their opponents pushed it.

Obviously the media plays a big role... I.E. Fox vs CNN can propagate fake information just as readily as each other... And they love to sensationalize and "rally" their support base... It's what helps make them money in the end.

Peaceful protest is a democratic right across the globe in free societies... Storming the capital and rallying your fan-base to do it is blatantly illegal.

At least with regards the United States, the horseshoe is highly imbalanced.  We have a far right but no far left.  Especially in our government.

And even with the spectrum we do have, there is also a difference in their vociferous natures.  Our far right is extremely blusterous and violent. Our farthest left is pretty meek and quiet.

This dichotomy causes issues with public perceptions. Since our middle left is louder than our farthest left, the middle left become seen as our full representation of what is on the left. Conversely, since our far right is louder than our middle right, the the far right become seen as our full representation of what is on the right.

My worry is that, as alluded to, the far right isn't just getting louder but getting power. The far right isn't just taking over the public perception of what is on the right but it's laws that go beyond just mere perception.

Abortion Proves Winning Strategy for Alabama Democrat - POLITICO

Trump +1 district.

This is why I think Democrats will win, women are pissed at Republicans.

Once again an example of polling being broken too, I wouldn't doom over any polls coming out this far out from election.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 27 March 2024

Oh please hire only people who believe the election was stolen

Only the best and brightest here in the RNC.

Pemalite said:
RolStoppable said:

The goal of the far-right is the same in every democratic country: Destroy democracy from within.

So what if they are the reason for all the current problems. They've already brainwashed their voters into believing everything they say and distrusting everything someone else says. That's the strategy.

The USA as a whole has behaved stupid enough to give the biggest loons of the republican enough confidence to go for it. The perception of January 6th among American voters is the foundation of this, because it shows how far gone many Americans already are.

If you're a conservative who supports abortion rights, you'll hold your nose and vote Republican anyway. The Republican Party is ruled by evangelicals from the South and Midwest, and criminalizing abortion is now baked into the party's DNA. For fiscal conservatives, aboriton rights and women's health are very small sacrifices made for tax cuts, deregulation, and shielding from liability/prosecution when people are hurt or killed by deregulation.

For that same reason, conservatives who denounced Trump in 2020 will overwhelmingly vote for him again in 2024. Just as one example, Nelson Pelz, a billionaire conservative activist who is trying to oust Bob Iger at Disney, said in 2020 that he regretted voting for Trump. Just a week ago, Pelz said that he was going to vote for Trump but wasn't "happy" about it, citing Biden's age as a concern. Trump is less than four years younger than Biden, and Pelz himself is two years older than Biden. Pelz had supported Ron DeSantis until DeSantis completely crashed and burned in the primaries. 

"Center right" individuals in the United States consider tax cuts and deregulation far more important than democracy. They don't want to destroy democracy, but they will willingly collaborate with those who do, as long as they get what they want. 

Last edited by SanAndreasX - on 27 March 2024

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
hellobion2 said:

I have a question how do you think people born post 2010- will vote more like?

Heavily Democrat. In general, young people are more progressive and with Republicans trying to rewind us back to the 1950s, I don’t see that changing.

more like 1650s, if they had their way. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Time of death: 5:16 pm

TallSilhouette said:

Say it in Chinese????

Ryuu96 said:
TallSilhouette said:

Say it in Chinese????

Presumably a very weak attempt to imply the speaker was acting on behalf of the Chinese government.

Ryuu96 said:
TallSilhouette said:

Say it in Chinese????

Swalwell had ties to a Chinese woman named Fang Fang who was a suspected spy. After a two year investigation, the House Ethics Committee dropped its investigation of him. 

Wonder who that was? Bobo? Anna Paulina Luna? 

Ahhhh, I was right. It was the Lunatic. She's the Lauren Boebert of Florida.