By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

So, let me get this straight.

Mike Johnson has delayed Ukraine aid from late 2023 to March/April at the earliest thanks to his disgusting politics.

"Behind the scenes, Johnson has met privately with House Republicans who have been trying to build support for a new bipartisan foreign aid package that includes restrictions on the US border with Mexico."

The Republicans (Mike Johnson included) originally demanded that Ukraine aid be attached to a border bill, the Democrats made a right wing border bill and attached it to Ukraine aid, then all of sudden (thanks to Trump telling them not to), Mike Johnson suddenly said "no no, I don't want the border bill attached to Ukraine aid anymore" and Mike Johnson opposed the border deal.

So after all that time wasted, Democrats went "fine, okay, here's the foreign aid bill on its own" which passed Senate and would pass House, then Mike Johnson refused to even put that bill to a vote and now all of sudden, he once again wants Ukraine aid attached to the border bill! After saying he did, then saying he didn't, now he does again!

Not only does this new foreign aid bill decrease the amount from $95bn to $66bn, it removes humanitarian aid, these Republicans are fucking sick.

Ukrainians spend months dying due to lack of ammunition because Mike Johnson can't do his job, can't govern and is a piece of shit taking all his orders from Donald Trump, even Republican voters know Mike Johnson is the reason for the border bill originally collapsing and blame him for it, now he wants to fuck around even further, let more Ukrainians die for his political games.

Disgusting little man.

Around the Network

HUMANITARIAN AID
The bill would provide $9.15 billion in humanitarian assistance to provide food, water, shelter, medical care and other services to civilians in Gaza and the West Bank, Ukraine and other populations in conflict zones around the globe.

-

So, I guess that would be going away in Mike Johnson's bill.

I can't see Democrats voting for a bill that removes humanitarian aid, which is likely his plan.

This dude a Christian? Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 March 2024

Ryuu96 said:

Party of Law and Order.

Their idea of "law and order" is fat Southern sheriffs using fire hoses and rubber bullets on citizens. 

Ok guys do you think the us would be better with a having a prime minister instead of a president? Or if you could make one major change in our goverment what would it be?

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:

Ok guys do you think the us would be better with a having a prime minister instead of a president? Or if you could make one major change in our goverment what would it be?

Frankly the entire US electoral system is both outdated and in shambles. Moving from a presidential system to a semi-presidential or even parliamentary system would only be a small step of something more akin to a marathon.

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

The fix is in:

What a disgrace the Supreme Court has become.

Maybe not.  The SC threw out just about everything Trump lawyers brought up on this issue besides a very specific point they will hear oral arguments on which is can a former president claim immunity for things he did as president in office compared to if a President in office can be prosecuted for things he is doing while serving in office.  They also are specific in their language concerning whether during his duty as President, which means if a president does do something outside of his actually legal duty as president that is up for discussion as well.  Either way, this actually does need clarification.  All the other BS stuff Trump lawyers were trying to claim the SC are not going to hear arguments on.

Last edited by Machiavellian - on 04 March 2024

Supreme Court rules states can’t remove Trump from presidential election ballot

The reasoning is whether Trump committed insurrection or not States cannot do anything about it.

IMO, colorado should take another avenue. States can make laws surrounding how their electors are allowed to vote after an election.

What's preventing Colorado, as a result of this ruling, from making it so that their electors cannot vote for someone who did participate in the insurrection, not removing Trump from ballots but making it futile?

Last edited by EpicRandy - on 04 March 2024

EpicRandy said:

Supreme Court rules states can’t remove Trump from presidential election ballot

The reasoning is whether Trump committed insurrection States cannot do anything about it.

IMO, colorado should take another avenue. States can make laws surrounding how their electors are allowed to vote after an election.

What's preventing Colorado, as a result of this ruling, from making it so that their electors cannot vote for someone who did participate in the insurrection, not removing Trump from ballots but making it futile?

I find the ruling very interesting.  They write that a single state cannot make laws or rules that would overall impact the election.  By this very stipulation, elections should then be nationalized. But they won't go for that either.  So, states rights, unless....

To the privileged, equality feels like oppression. 

Machiavellian said:

Maybe not.  The SC threw out just about everything Trump lawyers brought up to the on this issue besides a very specific point they will hear oral arguments on which is can a former president claim immunity for things he did as president in office compared to if a President in office can be prosecuted for things he is doing while serving in office.  They also are specific in while doing his duty which means if a president does not outside of his actually legal duty as president that is up for discussion as well.  Either way, this actually does need clarification.  All the other BS stuff Trump lawyers were trying to claim the SC are not going to hear arguments on.

Oh, I don't think they'll be crazy enough to actually rule in Trump's favor in the end, but taking up this ridiculous farce in the first place, let alone going out of their way to stretch out the process as long as possible when they had ample opportunity not to, really tips their hand as to what a partisan sham the court has been turned into.

TallSilhouette said:
Machiavellian said:

Maybe not.  The SC threw out just about everything Trump lawyers brought up to the on this issue besides a very specific point they will hear oral arguments on which is can a former president claim immunity for things he did as president in office compared to if a President in office can be prosecuted for things he is doing while serving in office.  They also are specific in while doing his duty which means if a president does not outside of his actually legal duty as president that is up for discussion as well.  Either way, this actually does need clarification.  All the other BS stuff Trump lawyers were trying to claim the SC are not going to hear arguments on.

Oh, I don't think they'll be crazy enough to actually rule in Trump's favor in the end, but taking up this ridiculous farce in the first place, let alone going out of their way to stretch out the process as long as possible when they had ample opportunity not to, really tips their hand as to what a partisan sham the court has been turned into.

I believe we are still good to get this put to trial before the election as long as this oral arguments part does not drag but we will see.  I will say my faith in this SC is not strong but lets see how far the GOP majority is willing to give Trump a pass.