By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
firebush03 said:

Are y’all getting paid off by Genocide Joe or smth? I don’t understand why y’all are dying to defend Harris. Trump isn’t an existential threat, why should I care if he wins? I’d rather protest rather than follow-in-line with the DNC when the threat is as luke-warm as Don.

You got off easy with a thread ban, just like Trump is handled with kid gloves all the time. Not only are you a guy who is consistently wrong and clueless about the topics he talks about, but you also act as if you are the smartest person in the room and nobody else knows what they are talking about.

You are a disgrace.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
firebush03 said:

Are y’all getting paid off by Genocide Joe or smth? I don’t understand why y’all are dying to defend Harris. Trump isn’t an existential threat, why should I care if he wins? I’d rather protest rather than follow-in-line with the DNC when the threat is as luke-warm as Don.

Maybe I'm completely wrong, but I've gotten the impression you're a left winger who doesn't believe in compromises. And I think that's an incredibly naive position.

Trump right now is lying about FEMA and immigration. His rhetoric, as well as the people on his side is getting people killed through the power of bad decisions.

The president is very limited without the support of Congress, but we're not going to make any kind of progress unless we accept whatever progress we can make.

The biggest reason why the right wingers constantly win in this country, is that they don't care about the compromises. Way too many of them have literally voted for people who were openly Nazis/openly Holocaust deniers.

We're not going to be able to make any progress on Climate Change or Trans rights or woman's rights or the housing crisis or healthcare or Israel or Ukraine, if we're not willing to accept small steps in the right direction. Republicans beat Roe v Wade, because they understand the importance of small steps.

I'm like 99% sure that Firebush is a left winger but he is one of those ones...The ones who make up excuses for Russia's aggression because "America bad", who have to constantly scream down our ears about how "both sides equally suck" and "nothing will ever change" and low-key try to convince others to throw away their votes (or throw away their own to a 3rd party, a guaranteed way to change nothing). He strikes me as one of those "burn it to the ground" privileged and naïve guys.

He repeats a lot of MAGA talking points because a lot of these guys simply do, not because he is a right winger. He thinks we love everything about America and think Biden and the Democrats are a gift from God simply because we don't buy into every line of criticism or share his opinion that they're all equally as damaging to the world and/or America.

I was a bloody Corbyn supporter who is more left wing than most of America's politicians, I stanned for that dude hard as fuck, I was even unironically chanting the "Oooo Jeremy Corbyn!" Lmao. I was also a big Bernie fan and would have loved to see him as American President but I can't stand these selfish left-wingers who decide that everyone must suffer, everything must burn, because progress isn't moving fast enough for them.

I am a white dude, in the UK, I won't suffer the consequences of restricting women's rights, I won't suffer the consequences of being forced to have a child after being raped, I maybe won't suffer the worst consequences of climate change fucking up the planet, I likely won't suffer the consequences of throwing Ukraine to their death, I won't suffer the consequences of the LGBTQ+ community being viciously attacked, I won't suffer many other consequences from a Trump Presidency but it doesn't mean I don't give a fuck about those that will.

I hate Netanyahu and I've been blasting Biden's foreign policy the past few months, although Firebush either didn't see that or didn't care because part of the reason I've been blasting Biden is because I believe he has been too weak on dealing with Russia (I also think he has been too strong in his support of Israel). I did think Biden was doing good domestically but his foreign policy has been a massive let-down recently.

However, it's about weighing the pros and cons, when I look at the Democrats I see more pros than cons, when I look at Trump I see no pros and a whole lot of cons, when I weigh up the amount of people who will be affected negatively by each presidency, I see that a Trump presidency would negatively impact far more people and fuck all would change in Israel, all you'd be doing is adding even more people to the list to harm and get killed and this is without getting into Trump electing even more MAGA lunatics into government positions.

People say how much damage can he do, it's literally his goddamn Supreme Court that is enabling ripping away women's rights during a Democrat Presidency! If it weren't for Mike Pence actually having balls to stand up to him, who knows what would have happened after Jan 6th. His new VP certainly doesn't have the balls to stand up against him. I don't think America would descend into civil war but I do think democratic procedures and institutions will be a lot more further eroded by another Trump presidency and his impact will go on longer than the 4 years he is in office, as it already did from his last time, only this time he'll be back with a vengeance.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 10 October 2024

Anyway, Jill Stein's Reddit AMA went well, Lmao.

Jill Stein, Does An AMA On The Politics Subreddit. It Doesn't Go Well. :r/SubredditDrama

“We are not in a position to win the White House. But we do have a real opportunity to win something historic. We could deny Kamala Harris the state of MI. And the polls show that most likely Harris cannot win the election without MI.”

They already said the quiet part out loud, they are not a serious party, they don't give a fuck about America, Jill Stein is a grifter and Russian bootlicker who only pops her dumb ass "WIFI causes radiation to children's brains" head in every 4 years. They are only there to hurt the Democrats and they have zero chance of winning. Though it's an Americans vote and if they want to throw away their vote then it's their choice.

MRW Reporters ask dumb questions.

Trump rejects Fox News invite to debate Harris in late October | Reuters

This will be the biggest problem for Harris: Voters think America’s economy stinks. There’s nothing that will change that before the election | CNN Business

Ryuu96 said:

I'm like 99% sure that Firebush is a left winger but he is one of those ones...The ones who make up excuses for Russia's aggression because "America bad", who have to constantly scream down our ears about how "both sides equally suck" and "nothing will ever change" and low-key try to convince others to throw away their votes (or throw away their own to a 3rd party, a guaranteed way to change nothing). He strikes me as one of those "burn it to the ground" privileged and naïve guys.

(...)

He is plain and simply a troll. An hour ago he sent me a PM with the title "US Politics [OT] - The Ultimate Embarrassment" where he outright admitted it ("I love a good trolling session when I can get away with it lol."). When you consider the volume of his posting history in political threads that resembles the same behavior he has shown for the past day or so, it's a fair call to ask for a permaban here. Not just from political threads, but the site altogether.

Just contact an admin to look at my PMs and retrieve the evidence. Simple enough.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network

Polls are super tight. And Trump was under polled in 2016 and 2020. Given how awful he is and how amazing Harris is....

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

RolStoppable said:
Ryuu96 said:

(...)

He is plain and simply a troll. An hour ago he sent me a PM with the title "US Politics [OT] - The Ultimate Embarrassment" where he outright admitted it ("I love a good trolling session when I can get away with it lol."). When you consider the volume of his posting history in political threads that resembles the same behavior he has shown for the past day or so, it's a fair call to ask for a permaban here. Not just from political threads, but the site altogether.

Just contact an admin to look at my PMs and retrieve the evidence. Simple enough.

Will bring this up with the team.

Chrkeller said:

Polls are super tight. And Trump was under polled in 2016 and 2020. Given how awful he is and how amazing Harris is....

I keep saying it will be an incredibly close race, when you have EC and it coming down to a few states that are tight in polls, Harris is currently in the lead by a very small margin so it's essentially a tossup. That being said, I don't think just because Trump was under polled in 16/20 automatically means he will be under polled in 2024, it is also a possibility that pollsters are overcorrecting for Trump so they aren't wrong 3 times in a row because then their credibility will be tarnished, Lol. Maybe this time they're actually right too.

But I can't help but feel like as well, MAGA enthusiasm feels lower than 16/20, the enthusiasm for Harris feels way higher than it was for Biden and Hillary...Democrats overperforming in almost all recent elections as well. This is entirely vibes though and I have no mathematical way to back it up but I just feel like the vibes are way better for Harris than Trump right now but I've been parking that and just going on polls because I don't want to be disappointed

Chrkeller said:

He was under represented in the polling but also has shown to have a ceiling of 47% in the popular vote.

538 polling average in 2016 had him at 41.8% while the final result was 46.1%

538 polling average in 2020 had him at 43.4% while the final result was 46.8%

Nate Silver (guy who created 538 and still has the rights to the model) polling average has him at 46.1%

From what I understand, pollsters have made adjustments to their methodology in order to try and fix the issue of under representing Trump and it seems as though they have fixed that issue considering his polling is right around his 2016/2020 results. It actually wouldn’t surprise me if polling is now under representing Harris.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

A sitting congresswoman btw