By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

A lot of good news for Democrats today, a strong job report and the strikes being over quickly.

Now someone keep that bloodthirsty prick (Netanyahu) in line and Democrats should cruise October.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 15 hours ago

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
LegitHyperbole said:

America is broken. Hundreds of billions spent on foreign wars but ya can't clean up you own house. I get more saddened for the US every passing year.

Do you ever put any thought into what you write?

About context, or what sources you are using?

For example the long list of republicans that voted against the bill that would add BILLIONS to FEMA?

That some republicans are complaining we are spending too much on foreign aid.. while at the same time complaining we aren't spending ENOUGH on Israeli?

Do you actually have opinions? Do you actually do any research?

It's the New York Post. Why would I have to? They've done it all already. 

the-pi-guy said:
LegitHyperbole said:

America is broken. Hundreds of billions spent on foreign wars but ya can't clean up you own house. I get more saddened for the US every passing year.

All by design. 

1.) cut taxes on the mega rich, cut regulations

2.) cut programs that help people

3.) blame expenditures on immigrants and poor people. 

4.) repeat 

Yeah, that would be about it to a tee. 

LegitHyperbole said:

The New York Post is pretty notable for spreading misinformation. 

Media Bias Fact Check

The New York Post is tabloid news.  They're one of the newspapers next to the check out at the store, talking about how you can lose 20 pounds in a day, and what ghosts were seen last week. 

They have a tag section of ghost stories with stuff like this: 

Rocker Alice Cooper's daughter claims her friend had ‘orgasmic’ sex with a ghost

Last edited by the-pi-guy - 14 hours ago

the-pi-guy said:
LegitHyperbole said:

The New York Post is pretty notable for spreading misinformation. 

Media Bias Fact Check

The New York Post is tabloid news.  They're one of the newspapers next to the check out at the store, talking about how you can lose 20 pounds in a day, and what ghosts were seen last week. 

They have a tag section of ghost stories with stuff like this: 

Rocker Alice Cooper's daughter claims her friend had ‘orgasmic’ sex with a ghost

Oh my god. I'm so it's the equivalent to the Sun or the Mirror here in Ireland/UK. No wonder people are calling me out, it sounded so professional and I swear I had heard this newspaper held in high regards before. 

Well dammit. Misinformation is a part of life on the Internet now that we are in the AI age and it's only going to get worse before it gets so bad governments will have to step in. Might aswell use this ad training to combat the wave that's about to come over the next few years. 

That said, story still seems legit regardless if the paper is not. 

Around the Network

I was about to say to make it simple, New York Post is the American version of The Daily Mail or The Sun, Lol.

That is tabloid trash which hides context from their stories to create rage-bait and uses inflammatory language.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 14 hours ago

LegitHyperbole said:

Oh my god. I'm so it's the equivalent to the Sun or the Mirror here in Ireland/UK. No wonder people are calling me out, it sounded so professional and I swear I had heard this newspaper held in high regards before. 

Well dammit. Misinformation is a part of life on the Internet now that we are in the AI age and it's only going to get worse before it gets so bad governments will have to step in. Might aswell use this ad training to combat the wave that's about to come over the next few years. 

I feel like there's an issue that Washington Post and New York Times, basically have tabloid alternatives (Washington Times and New York Post), the former are held in very high regard as newspapers. 

There are a good range of articles from New York Post, ranging from obvious nonsense to a lot of right wing stories where a lot of the stuff is true, but told in a misleading way to drive right wing views.

Although apparently they used to be held in higher regard, until they were bought by Murdoch's News Corp, and became a bad tabloid newspaper.

the-pi-guy said:
LegitHyperbole said:

I feel like there's an issue that Washington Post and New York Times, basically have tabloid alternatives (Washington Times and New York Post), the former are held in very high regard as newspapers. 

There are a good range of articles from New York Post, ranging from obvious nonsense to a lot of right wing stories where a lot of the stuff is true, but told in a misleading way to drive right wing views.

Although apparently they used to be held in higher regard, until they were bought by Murdoch's News Corp, and became a bad tabloid newspaper.

That's the one I was thinking of, The New York Times. Funny how they'd make a tabloid have such a legit sounding name. 

Story still stands from what I can see, FEMA needs a budget increase for climate change and the migrant crisis. The Governemnt needs to put a package together like the ones for Ukraine and Isreal and pass it fast for these people affected. 

Ryuu96 said:

I was about to say to make it simple, New York Post is the American version of The Daily Mail or The Sun, Lol.

That is tabloid trash which hides context from their stories to create rage-bait and uses inflammatory language.

As Forest Gump once said, I might not be a smart person but I know what a tabloid newspaper is. 

the-pi-guy said:
LegitHyperbole said:

They are actually the one of the oldest major newspapers in the United States, predating the Times by 50 years.  The NY Post was founded by Alexander Hamilton, one of tge Founding Fathers. However, its shift to a tabloid format began under Cyrus Curtis and Dorothy Schiff. Murdoch simply put the tabloid aspect on steroids when he bought the paper from Schiff and turned it into the American version of The Sun.