By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I cannot believe the news that he was indited on all counts. It seems from what I have heard from many people that Trump would do much better if he focused on talking about the politics and not speak about the trials he is dealing with. Probably take a note from Biden and lay low.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network
hellobion2 said:

I cannot believe the news that he was indited on all counts. It seems from what I have heard from many people that Trump would do much better if he focused on talking about the politics and not speak about the trials he is dealing with. Probably take a note from Biden and lay low.

The thing is, Trump understands his base so he basically have to talk and present his reality for them to hold on to and prorogate social media with.  He isn't trying to win his trials, he is trying to maintain his base.  The thing is each an every conviction chips away at the most important subset for voters, the independent.  I really hope the court do not wimp out and give him house arrest or probation.  This whole trial isn't worth it if you go small potatoes.

hellobion2 said:

just a quick calcification as most people don't really follow the ins and outs of our justice system:

• When we say he is indicted we mean that he was charged.  This means that a grand jury (not the DA itself) looked at the case the DA's office made and based on the evidence chose to indict him.  Most people (thanks to Trump) don't realize that the DA, or Biden, or any other government office isn't the one who indicts people.  It is a jury of regular people like you and me.  
  • Therefore, the fact that he is charged at all means that a jury of his peers has already found that a crime most likely occurred.  Once the grand jury makes a decision, its pretty much a given that the DA has to follow through and file the charges.  The court gives the jury a chance to hear from both parties and render a verdict.  
  • The sentence that I highlighted in your quote should read:  I can't believe the news he was found guilty on all counts.  
  • If he wasn't indicted, there would be no trial. 

It still confounds me that Fox News is allowed to call themselves a news organization...

TallSilhouette said:

It still confounds me that Fox News is allowed to call themselves a news organization...

Well yes, I think most news sources would have given pause to a post with a blank profile and no friends that only has a single line description saying the owner is a 'professional shitposter'... but not Fox News.  The other HUGE sign that something might have been off is when they saw the account had posted the very same thing days weeks before (before deliberations even began) and been able to tell that it was clearly fake, but apparently that shows you what they think about their audience.  There job isn't to provide news but rather to keep a group of people triggered and distracted at all times and at all costs.   

Around the Network

Briahna Joy Gray firing from the Hill is being celebrated by right-wingers all over the internet, funny. 

This is one of the prominent voices on the right (on the internet circles at least) who celebrated her firing; recently he's been caught in a lie that is rooted in his obsession with..... identity politics?  

I don't understand how the independent media of the American right is so much more successful than that of the left when it comes to funding and reach when the faces of it someone like Dave Rubin. 

LurkerJ said:

Briahna Joy Gray firing from the Hill is being celebrated by right-wingers all over the internet, funny. 

This is one of the prominent voices on the right (on the internet circles at least) who celebrated her firing; recently he's been caught in a lie that is rooted in his obsession with..... identity politics?  

I don't understand how the independent media of the American right is so much more successful than that of the left when it comes to funding and reach when the faces of it someone like Dave Rubin. 

They get backed by the power elite that are interested in pushing the "us vs them" narrative to keep people divided and fighting among themselves.

The left is also most successful when using the "us vs them" rhetoric, far less successful trying the us and them narrative. It's human herd/pack mentality, protect the group, beware of outsiders.

It's an evolutionary trait, hard to break, easy to exploit. The right plays full in on this, the left tries to be more inclusive but still needs to resort to rebelling against the right to maintain support. The power elite only have to stoke the fires and enjoy the spoils.

Us vs them, black and white views of issues is easier and feels good. Thinking for yourself is hard work, much easier to have someone tell you what to think, and the easier and clearer the message, the better. Hence religion. Naturally people get drawn to the easier feel good narratives. Thus much more interest in the Russia-Ukraine war than the Middle East mess, and much more interest in Transgender and Abortion issues than dealing with systemic racism and inequality. (And climate change, that just moves too slow for people to care about)

Plus outrage, scandals, people just love to feel offended. Bread and circuses, divide and conquer. The Romans figured it out long ago. It's hard to get support to fight basic human nature :/

CosmicSex said:
TallSilhouette said:

Well yes, I think most news sources would have given pause to a post with a blank profile and no friends that only has a single line description saying the owner is a 'professional shitposter'... but not Fox News.  The other HUGE sign that something might have been off is when they saw the account had posted the very same thing days weeks before (before deliberations even began) and been able to tell that it was clearly fake, but apparently that shows you what they think about their audience.  There job isn't to provide news but rather to keep a group of people triggered and distracted at all times and at all costs.   

Well we all know that Fox is primarily concerned about their viewership base.  Meaning that reporting the truth of anything that might upset their viewership is never going to be a priority.  Do not worry, they will correct their story somewhere probably online in very small print with a headline that they know their viewers will not click on.  They have done this many times before so they know the formula and it allows them to state they did make a comment on the truth all the while understanding how their audience consume their content.

Warning signs for Biden’s Jewish support as war in Gaza drags on and antisemitism rises

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/23/politics/joe-biden-jewish-voters/index.html

Alarm is rising in Democratic circles that the turmoil set off by the October 7 attack by Hamas and Israel’s bloody war launched in response is becoming yet another weight on President Joe Biden’s reelection, with warning signs flashing over Jewish voters’ support for the president.

For all the attention over how the Israel-Hamas war has endangered Biden’s standing with Arab-Americans and progressives who have taken up the cause of Palestinians in key states, Jewish Americans – who make up enough of the population to be determinative in tight battleground states of Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia, Wisconsin and Arizona – have been scrambled too.

While the Biden campaign has been hosting a regular “Jewish Women for Joe” Zoom call and will soon hire a faith engagement director who will have Jewish voters as a major portfolio, several Jewish leaders complained privately to CNN that they have not seen enough direct engagement. Multiple Jewish elected Democrats and Democratic voters told CNN about being disappointed and abandoned by progressive allies, of feeling “politically homeless” both because they think Biden hasn’t done enough and because they worry he can’t control his own left.

Biden has only widened the divide and is now stuck trying to hang on to both sides. It's not looking good for genocide Joe. And still the only available alternative is going to make everything much worse. US democracy is a joke.

Trump’s Spiritual Adviser Resigns Amid Allegations He Molested 12-Year-Old

Yep, that tracks.