By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TallSilhouette said:
LurkerJ said:

I would put AIPAC at the top of the list of reasons why the USA is knee deep in this conflict, everything else is secondary. 

For the government, maybe. For the people I think it's more the religious and cultural motivations.

I don't think you can completely separate the two, dark money not only controls politicians, but media and news outlets as well, a lot has been uncovered about Israel influence on the media during this relatively short conflict. Controlling the narrative means controlling the people, I am not discounting the religious influence, it does make for even gullible pawns after all. 

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

Why is the US obsessed with Israel? Is it something to do with evangelicals and the rapture?

That, along with a hefty dose of islamophobia.

Wonder what would happen if the middle east stopped using US$ for oil

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:
TallSilhouette said:

That, along with a hefty dose of islamophobia.

Wonder what would happen if the middle east stopped using US$ for oil

They had that plan to switch to the Euro, then 4.5 million people died in the Middle East from the Afghanistan, Iraq wars.

Today it would be BRICS they could switch to (and already are)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tilakdoshi/2022/07/21/brics-in-the-new-world-energy-order-hedging-in-oil-geopolitics/?sh=744a409624bf

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/how-would-a-new-brics-currency-affect-the-us-dollar-updated-2024

Probably one of the reasons (if not the biggest) behind US' ironclad support for Israel, to keep a dominant foothold in the ME. And the whole pressure on Saudi-Aribia normalisation with Israel. Palestine is a threat to the US dollar...

#Never Biden: What’s the campaign against the US approach to Israel about?

In the run-up to the 2016 United States presidential election, a set of mainstream Republicans worried about the rise of Donald Trump kicked off what came to be known as the “Never Trump” movement.

In essence, they were making clear that they were so fundamentally opposed to what Trump – a property baron-turned-TV personality – stood for, that they would never vote for him.

Now, a new “Never Biden” movement is starting to erupt in the US as the country heads towards the 2024 election, shaped in good measure by President Joe Biden’s response to Israel’s war on Gaza.

On social media, it has taken the form of a hashtag – #NeverBiden. But with some donors signalling unhappiness with Biden’s approach to the war on Gaza, this campaign could have real-world implications for the incumbent president’s bid for re-election at a time when he is already trailing former President Trump in key swing states.

With Israel vouching to keep the war going for the rest of the year (and after), what is Biden going to do to save his election campaign?

Dems in full-blown ‘freakout’ over Biden

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/28/democrats-freakout-over-biden-00160047

A pervasive sense of fear has settled in at the highest levels of the Democratic Party over President Joe Biden’s reelection prospects, even among officeholders and strategists who had previously expressed confidence about the coming battle with Donald Trump.

All year, Democrats had been on a joyless and exhausting grind through the 2024 election. But now, nearly five months from the election, anxiety has morphed into palpable trepidation, according to more than a dozen party leaders and operatives. And the gap between what Democrats will say on TV or in print, and what they’ll text their friends, has only grown as worries have surged about Biden’s prospects.

The jury has come to a decision in the Trump hush money trial. Should hear the verdict soon.

Sounds like an open and shut case to me. A hung jury would take WAY longer to come to that conclusion. Guess we'll find out momentarily.

Around the Network

GUILTY ON ALL 34 COUNTS!!!

Fucking. FINALLY.

Trump is now a convicted felon.

Now the only question is if he'll see the inside of a jail cell...

Lmao. Convicted Felon on 34 Counts, Presidential Nominee, Donald Trump.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 30 May 2024

So, the big question is will the judge actually go for jail time. You know leading up to this trial, Trump tried hard to go after the Judge daughter, this might be one of those cases where it might come back to haunt him.

Machiavellian said:

So, the big question is will the judge actually go for jail time. You know leading up to this trial, Trump tried hard to go after the Judge daughter, this might be one of those cases where it might come back to haunt him.

Right now, Trumpland is screaming "overturned on appeal!"

I just saw the news. And frankly, while I'm not a fan of the guy, I find some of the details of his treatment to be quite dark and upsetting.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 30 May 2024

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.