By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Renamed said:
Ryuu96 said:

How many chances is he going to get? Lol.

Far too many already.  Replace the name with your average citizen and they would likely have been in pre-trial detention the whole time to start with and immediately had their bail revoked the first time they even uttered anything negative.

Yeah, I see the "oh the judge might be worried about giving him ammo" or something, I don't give a f*ck how his lunatic fanbase will react, any other citizen would be thrown in jail, the law doesn't and shouldn't change because you have fans, the law should be applied equally. If I, a normal citizen, acted like Trump, I would have had a jail sanction thrown at me long ago.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 May 2024

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Renamed said:

Far too many already.  Replace the name with your average citizen and they would likely have been in pre-trial detention the whole time to start with and immediately had their bail revoked the first time they even uttered anything negative.

Yeah, I see the "oh the judge might be worried about giving him ammo" or something, I don't give a f*ck how his lunatic fanbase will react, any other citizen would be thrown in jail, the law doesn't and shouldn't change because you have fans, the law should be applied equally. If I, a normal citizen, acted like Trump, I would have had a jail sanction thrown at me long ago.

I thought the reluctance to apply jail as a punishment also stemmed from a concern about backlash from Trump supporters.  But I now believe there is a more utilitarian reason for the reluctance - the logistical difficulty in incarcerating a former president.  Jurisdiction, custody, costs, etc...all would be vastly different than for a regular private citizen.  These need to be hashed out prior to any sentencing including incarceration for contempt.  The only difference with regard for the latter is that the courthouse has an onsite holding facility and the judge Merchan could remand Trump to it.  However, while that simplifies certain elements of the justification and custody questions, it doesn't resolve them completely.   NYPD, state police, the US Marshals and the Secrete Service all need to get the details squared away or else Trump may get away with nothing but chump change fines.

TallSilhouette said:

Landmark Systematic Review Concludes Regret Rate for Trans Surgeries is “Remarkably Low,” Compared to Other Surgeries & Major Life Decisions

"In recent years, anti-transgender activists have used fear of “regret” as justification to ban gender-affirming care for transgender youth and restrict it for many adults. Now, a new systematic review published in The American Journal of Surgery has concluded that the rate of regret for transgender surgeries is “remarkably low.” 

The review encompasses more than 55 individual studies on regret to support its conclusions and will likely be a powerful tool in challenging transgender bans in the coming weeks.

It finds that “there is lower regret after [gender-affirming surgery], which is less than 1%, than after many other decisions, both surgical and otherwise.” It notes that surgeries such as tubal sterilization, assisted prostatectomy, body contouring, facial rejuvenation, and more all have regret rates more than 10 times as high as gender-affirming surgery.

The review also finds that regret rates for gender-affirming surgeries are lower than those for many life decisions. For instance, the survey found that marriage has a regret rate of 31%, having children has a regret rate of 13%, and at least 72% of sexually active students report regret after engaging in sexual activity at least once. All of these are notably magnitudes higher than gender affirming surgery.

The review is in line with recent data supporting very low regret rates for transgender people. The 2022 U.S. Transgender Survey, the world’s largest survey of transgender individuals, which surveyed over 90,000 transgender people, found that for those receiving hormone therapy, regret rates are incredibly low: less than 1% report being a little or a lot less satisfied after beginning hormone therapy.

There is no evidence that transgender people experience high rates of regret for any transgender care, including transgender surgery. On the contrary, gender-affirming care saves lives."

TDR has some good commentary on the report: https://youtu.be/7hbyHwpIS20?si=_icU-3CZ_UfJBVqE

For any anti-trans debates you may find yourselves in going forward.

Don't let your stinkin' facts get in the way of these people's transphobic feelings!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Also...

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 May 2024

Aileen Cannon postpones Trump's Florida trial indefinitely.

Judges won't hold blatantly hostile defendants accountable. Prosecutors won't hold blatantly compromised judges accountable. I am so fucking sick of this spineless, corrupt 'justice' system...

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:

Aileen Cannon postpones Trump's Florida trial indefinitely.

Judges won't hold blatantly hostile defendants accountable. Prosecutors won't hold blatantly compromised judges accountable. I am so fucking sick of this spineless, corrupt 'justice' system...

The writing was on the wall for the documents case since Federal judges have a lot of autonomy in how they proceed with their cases.  That judge was always just short of getting sent to the courts on her decisions and she played the whole thing within perfectly.  A lot of questionable stuff but nothing to really get her off the case and since its a one shot deal, you have to make sure you have enough evidence against her before going full throttle.  The thing is, this just open up room for the other criminal cases against Trump to go forward without worrying about scheduling.  While i do not believe any of these cases outside of the NY hush money case getting resolved before the election, its not like Trump is out of the woods.

He reportedly said he'd begun to experience "cognitive problems" and both short and long-term memory loss in 2010, not long after his uncle, the late Massachusetts senator Edward Kennedy, died from the effects of brain cancer.

But he received a second opinion from a doctor in New York who told him the cause of his problems — and a dark spot on his brain scans — was a dead parasite.

Mr Kennedy testified that the doctor had told him that the dark spot on the scans "was caused by a worm that got into my brain and ate a portion of it and then died"

About the same time he learned of the parasite, he said, he was also diagnosed with mercury poisoning, most likely from ingesting too much fish containing the dangerous heavy metal, which can cause serious neurological issues.

‘I loved tuna fish sandwiches. I ate them all the time’

"I have cognitive problems, clearly," he said in the 2012 deposition. "I have short-term memory loss, and I have longer-term memory loss that affects me."

RFK Jr Says a Worm Ate Part of His Brain and Then Died Inside His Head | The Independent

This explains so much.

Worm probably didn't have much to eat in fairness.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 May 2024

Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene on Wednesday officially triggered a vote on her motion to remove House Speaker Mike Johnson, but within minutes it was overwhelmingly rejected.

There were audible boos from lawmakers in the chamber as Greene spoke at length about her grievances with Johnson as she called for a vote.

The Georgia congresswoman, flanked by co-sponsor GOP Rep. Thomas Massie of Kentucky, asserted Johnson has "not lived up to a single one" of the promises he made the Republican conference after he was elected to the top post in October.

House Majority Leader Steve Scalise rose to request the vote on tabling Greene's resolution, which passed with overwhelming bipartisan support. The final vote to dismiss of Greene's motion was 359-43 with seven lawmakers voting present.

House Quickly Kills Marjorie Taylor Greene's Effort to Oust Speaker Johnson - ABC News

Lmao!

359-43 with seven lawmakers voting present.

===

The extreme Democrats are at it again, saving Mike Johnson! Why are Democrats so extreme and intolerant?!

Fucking MAGA clowns.

Lmfaooo. Democrats look so in control now.