By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

This belongs here as well

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:

Maybe this is a high-level play between MTG and MJ to lull the Dems into keeping him while they both scheme something that would make, they all consider resigning after having the chance to send him away. Yeah, I know the chance of MTG actually being that capable is not high but then again it doesn't have to be her plan.

I can guarantee it's not her plan and she's too inept to realize it's a bad plan.

Here are the 3 options:

1. If no call to vacate - nothing changes.

2. If call to vacate, D's help - nothing changes.

3. If call to vacate, D's don't help - seat is vacated.

If it were a ploy to keep Speaker Johnson, no need to call to vacate in the first place.  If the ploy were to coax D's into working with R's, it makes no sense.  D's had already shown they can work with R's on legislation.  Further, D's get leverage over R's. There is always some form of tit for tat. The Speaker is the one how determines which legislation gets voted on, has power over the Rules committee and appoints members to various other committees.  Minority Leader Jeffries will absolutely negotiate some influence in exchange for saving Johnson.

Renamed said:
Machiavellian said:

Maybe this is a high-level play between MTG and MJ to lull the Dems into keeping him while they both scheme something that would make, they all consider resigning after having the chance to send him away. Yeah, I know the chance of MTG actually being that capable is not high but then again it doesn't have to be her plan.

I can guarantee it's not her plan and she's too inept to realize it's a bad plan.

Here are the 3 options:

If it were a ploy to keep Speaker Johnson, no need to call to vacate in the first place.  If the ploy were to coax D's into working with R's, it makes no sense.  D's had already shown they can work with R's on legislation.  Further, D's get leverage over R's. There is always some form of tit for tat. The Speaker is the one how determines which legislation gets voted on, has power over the Rules committee and appoints members to various other committees.  Minority Leader Jeffries will absolutely negotiate some influence in exchange for saving Johnson.

I was kidding.  If anything this is MJT trying to exert some leverage within the party and hoping Trump wins so she can then look to obtain the Speakership herself at some point in time.  All of this is just a power play but it will land very bad for her if all the tea leaves do not align.

"I think every member of Congress needs to take that vote and let the chips fall where they may," Greene said. "And so next week, I am going to be calling this motion to vacate. Absolutely calling it. I can't wait to see Democrats go out and support a Republican speaker, and have to go home to their primaries and have to run for Congress again having supported a Republican speaker."

Greene continued, "And I also can't wait to see my Republican conference show their cards and show who we are because voters deserve it."

Asked why Greene is pledging to move forward with this in defiance of Trump, Greene told ABC News' Correspondent Elizabeth Schulze, "We have to have a Republican majority in January and under Mike Johnson's leadership we are not going to have one."

Greene's threat against Johnson has been looming for weeks. She did not specify what day next week she would force a vote. Asked by a reporter why she was not bringing it to the floor on Wednesday, Greene said she was giving members time to prepare.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Says She's Moving Ahead With Effort to Oust Speaker Johnson - ABC News

I'm f*cking waiting MTG, do it already you damn coward, I need my drama.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 May 2024

🤣🤣🤣

She criticized Johnson for working across the aisle to avoid a government shutdown, passing a FISA extension and his recent ushering of $95 billion in foreign aid to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan through Congress. She called them three "betrayals" against the GOP caucus.

🤣🤣🤣

No sensible Democrat will give a shit about Democrats working with Republicans to actually pass some shit whilst the nutjobs in MTGs camp are trying to burn the house down, kicking and screaming like a fucking child in the corner trying to block every single damn bill that has a single Democrat in support of it. She's fucking insane, Lol.

I really hope we see a large majority of Democrats and Republicans vote to save Johnson so we can isolate these absolute nutjobs. Just because the Republicans have gone so far in the deep-end that they'd lose their primaries for the horrific act of working with a Democrat to pass things in a two party system with a slim majority, doesn't mean the Democrats will do the same and not vote for a Dem candidate because they worked with a Republican, that says more about how far gone your party is than anything else.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 May 2024

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
Renamed said:

Here are the 3 options:

I was kidding.  If anything this is MJT trying to exert some leverage within the party and hoping Trump wins so she can then look to obtain the Speakership herself at some point in time.  All of this is just a power play but it will land very bad for her if all the tea leaves do not align.

I can definitely see MJT attempting to curry favor with DJT (the initials are so close) but she's already been out maneuvered by Johnson.  Of the two, which one just had a visit to Mar-a-Lago and received Trump's affirmations?  Further, even if they retained the House in Nov, she will not receive more than a small handful of votes in favor of her as a Speaker.  Trump can't appoint her.  The majority of the majority, as it were, is not aligned with her BS anymore.

All that said, she just announced the official call to vacate will take place sometime next week.  Republicans in return have already stated they will likely either take a preemptive veto or immediately do a floor vote to kill it once called. 

She's performing for a party of one that snubbed his nose at her 3 times in the past 2 weeks. She can't see past a single pawn on a chess board much less play advanced party politics.

Hey MTG, these Republicans worked with Democrats too. 🤣

Bunch of racists.

US House passes ‘anti-Semitism’ bill that targets Israel criticism

The US House of Representatives has overwhelmingly passed a bill that broadens the definition of “anti-Semitism” in order to include the “targeting of the state of Israel, conceived as a Jewish collectivity”.

The proposal was passed 320-91, and aims to codify a definition of anti-Semitism offered by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance in the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

It will now have to be also approved by the Senate, but many US politicians – especially Republicans – have backed it, as tens of thousands of students stage pro-Palestinian demonstrations across the country.

Democratic and Jewish member of Congress Sara Jacobs, who voted against the legislation, said she has faced anti-Semitism all her life, “but I do not believe that anti-Zionism is inherently anti-Semitism”.

She said she rejected the legislation “because it fails to effectively address the very real rise of anti-Semitism, all while defunding colleges and universities across the country and punishing many, if not all, of the non-violent protesters speaking out against the Israeli military’s conduct”.

Trump doing standup comedy again

Trump says he will build US version of Israel’s Iron Dome missile defence if elected

Former US President Donald Trump has said that he will build a “state-of-the-art missile defence shield” that is “even better” than Israel’s if he is elected again.

“We have a lot of hostile people out there. We have a lot of bad actors out there. We’re going to build the greatest dome of them all. We’re going to have it all made right here in America,” the Republican candidate told supporters at a rally in Michigan on Wednesday.

Trump also told the crowd that President Joe Biden’s incompetence had brought the world “to the brink of nuclear war” and only he would be able to “prevent World War III”.

Also, Dems overperformed once again versus expectations.

Kennedy won by more than 36 percentage points—a massive performance by the Democratic Party. The Cook Political Report, an independent newsletter that analyzes elections and campaigns, had expected Kennedy to win the seat by 9 percentage points.

Democrats Massively Overperform In Special Election Triumph

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 May 2024