By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Velma Renewed for Second Season -_-

I blame all the youtubers giving it exposure. Mainly the ones that didn't stop at episode 1 and milked the whole season for content.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

I blame all the youtubers giving it exposure. Mainly the ones that didn't stop at episode 1 and milked the whole season for content.

We have got to stop hatewatching bad shows and movies. These companies don't care if we love or hate something as long as they are getting views/sales. As consumers our only real power is rather or not to watch or buy something. Boycotts actually work if the majority has even a modicum of self control and fortitude, but instead we hate watch bad things just to laugh at how bad they are and then wonder why we get more and more bad content from the studios. You can watch YouTube clips to laugh at how bad something is, don't give the companies making these awful things paid subscriptions and views on their platforms.

This gets a 1.4 on IMDb lol. Doesn't get much lower than that.

Probably people watching it just to see how bad it is.
I haven't even done that, as it sounds terrible. Velma is being an assole towards everyone, etc.

Just inore it and hopefully more people do that this season, and it'll go away.

Last edited by Hiku - on 17 February 2023

Eh. I watched it. It's problematic and annoying but it does have some entertaining parts. Would have been better if it were an outright parody instead of using actual Scooby Doo characters but it apparently did something right considering how many people are watching it (regardless of if it's hate watching or not).

From what I understand though, they are contracted for 3 seasons so that's likely what we will get. It won't be enough to tarnish Scooby Doo. It's way bigger of an IP than Archie/Riverdale so this will just be a small footprint for the series.

Around the Network

I blame all of you for bitching about this show and give it a ridiculous amount of publicity out of hatred. You had people watching just to see what the fuzz was about. You deserve this.

Being a Scooby fan, I probably would have watched it eventually, but all the backlash got me to tune into the first episode. It didn't do anything for me, so I stopped after the first episode. I did like that Karl Anthony Towns was in it.

Hiku said:

Probably people watching it just to see how bad it is.
I haven't even done that, as it sounds terrible. Velma is being an assole towards everyone, etc.

Just inore it and hopefully more people do that this season, and it'll go away.

How can we when it's so in our face? -_-

Some of the conversation in this thread reminds me of this sketch:

"They show up the same, my friend. They show up just the same."

In other news, this shows us how Homelander might somewhat redeem himself.