By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hogwarts Legacy biggest non-fifa/cod game launch in Europe since RDR2

Really got to wonder what's next. I half expect them to not have anticipated the success and have little planned in terms of DLC/sequels, which means it could be awhile before any follow up comes along.

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:
Pajderman said:

I'm one of the gang who waits for a release on the switch. I have a PS5 but since my girlfriend is interested in playing it and almost exclusively game in handheld I wait for that version.

Hopefully with the delay they are taking the proper time to optimise the game, not just for Switch but also PS4/XBO too. I worry about performance for all three but hopefully they will deliver. It's certainly not the easiest game to run and has had it's fair share of performance issues on PC. It only manages 1200p30 and 900p60 on the Series S.

I saw it running on a PS5 in Performance Mode. It runs quite well, and still beautiful.

I wonder how much quality will be sacrificed on PS4/XONE. Will it run at least on 1080p30 if they optimize it enough? And will it still look good? As for the Switch... I have no idea.

Ka-pi96 said:

Really got to wonder what's next. I half expect them to not have anticipated the success and have little planned in terms of DLC/sequels, which means it could be awhile before any follow up comes along.

It's rumored that Quidditch was cut for time and will be added via a DLC. Not sure if we will get any other DLC though. Safe to say a sequel will happen but I would expect it to be at least 4 years out. They will likely want to expand the scope of the sequel since it sold so well, staff up the studio some, fix some of the issues critics had with the first game such as the Ubisoft like open world with lots of filler content, expand the Hogwarts student experience since it's a bit lacking, etc.