By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has the Xbox Series Already had Their Peak Year?

Has the Xbox Series already Peaked?

Yes 50 49.02%

No 52 50.98%

Total:102

After reading a bunch of comments, I'm seeing quite a few people thinking that the Xbox Series consoles are already in decline.  So has it already peaked? Or is the peak year still ahead in its cycle.  

As far as heavy hitters in software, I would classify Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 as falling into that category.  What others have there been?

I believe this generation has started off slow, but it's going to be a long generation and there are many large titles still to release.

The roadmap is only showing announced titles.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

I think they have the chance to turn this year around and post higher numbers than last year, especially as their holiday was so poor. But that it's even a question thing it's already in decline only 2 years on isnt a good look.

We haven't had a full year where either console was readily available to walk into a store and purchase it on a whim 365 days. This year is hopefully the year, and we don't run into bottlenecks later in the year. The best is yet to come for both the Series and PS5.

DroidKnight said:

After reading a bunch of comments, I'm seeing quite a few people thinking that the Xbox Series consoles are already in decline.  So has it already peaked? Or is the peak year still ahead in its cycle.  

As far as heavy hitters in software, I would classify Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 as falling into that category.  What others have there been?

I believe this generation has started off slow, but it's going to be a long generation and there are many large titles still to release.

I see this image on the internet quite some time and I don't really see the "wow amazing" factor people are seing in it.

For 2023 for eg, listed so far:

- Hi Fi rush: nice

- Goldeneye007: I mean come on, a N64 port shouldn't be on this list

- Age of Empire II: a port of a 2019 remaster of a 1999 game, yeah okay

- Ghostwire Tokyo: it's a meh game, and a late port

- Minecraft Legends: not really a heavy hitter

- Redfall: yet to see how the game will be but doesn't seem to be a heavy hitter

- Forza: well its Forza, but a heavy hitter

- Ara: yet to see what it will be

- Starfield: that's a heavy hitter

- Age of Empire IV: that's also a heavy hitter

The most interesting ones (Contraband, Indiana Jones, Perfect Dark, Hellblade II, Outerworld 2, Fable) are yet to show something

DroidKnight said:

If that's their lineup then maybe as I just don't find this pic very exciting. I'd look into getting a SX if they make a physical of Hi Fi Rush.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I don't think so since as long as Starfield isn't badly received it'll push hardware and combined with other stuff will help it have a better holiday season but with it looking like it'll have a weak first half it won't be up by that much compared to 2022 overall. The fact this is even a discussion at all is a bad sign for Xbox. 2023 needs to be the start of a bunch of good years, it being a good year won't do them a lot of good if 2024 is another weak one. They really need Starfield to be a hit and to start being able to put games like COD on GP if they want to have even a small chance of competing with the PS5 decently going forward.

They will have better years for sure... they just need to put more Series X on shelves and make some good games.

lol no, and I find it baffling that 30% believe it has peaked already. However, MS has certainly squandered this two year ”stalemate” with Sony as their AAA output is still lacking. Had there been enough PS5 supply we would have been looking at closer to 50M PS5 sold at this point.

It hasn’t peaked. There’s a ton of titles coming out.

Not even close to peaking. So far I'd classify xbox as a sleeping giant. If it ever wakes up and really starts hitting with those big purchases, it could go on a rampage. But it really needs to get those games out that have been in development for quite some time.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850