By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii will be the next Harry Potter's game main platform!

Probably this will be built for the Wii (which outsold 360 despite the 360 have a much larger base at the time) then downgraded visually for the PS2 and upgraded visually (textures) for PS3/360.

Actually, I expect this to become the norm for movie license movies. 90% will probably sell best on Wii so why goto the expense of have the 360 or PS3 as the lead platform?

Around the Network

I don't know what they're working on now, but the Deathly Hallows game should be an RPG. It's perfect! You've got the party of 3 heroes, roaming the world with various forms of transportation, learning new spells and abilities, seeking out the 3 artifacts of blah blah blah...

But instead it's going to be a big old piece of shit. Ah well, maybe in a few years once the movie licenses have dried up and they're making games based on the books...

Not very suprising, hopefully they will make a half way decent game - probably not though :(

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

Eh, I played other Harry Potter games, and they didn't catch my interest, my brother might want it though...

Brawl FC: 2106-1814-5245

Gamerace said:
Probably this will be built for the Wii (which outsold 360 despite the 360 have a much larger base at the time) then downgraded visually for the PS2 and upgraded visually (textures) for PS3/360.

Actually, I expect this to become the norm for movie license movies. 90% will probably sell best on Wii so why goto the expense of have the 360 or PS3 as the lead platform?

This could actually become the strategy with a large portion of "lower" budget third party games ... Basically, if you're producing a game which will have difficulty breaking 1 Million units sold across all platforms why would you spend the additional money trying to take full advantage of the PS3 or XBox 360.

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
Is this a good thing? The last game was crap.

Well, it certainly won't hurt Wii hardware of software sales, either way you look at it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I don't know why, but the title "Harry Potter Wii" just doesn't sound right to me...

I stupidly got my hopes up for the last Harry Potter given the capabilities provided by the Wiimote. It didn't turn out well. :|

Whew. Dodged a bullet there, I wouldn't want dev's to waste efforts on my favourite platforms on something as trivial and useless as Harry Potter...

(Semi joke, I really do hate Harry Potter, let's see how Soriku responds... )

De85 said:
I am personally very pleased to hear this. I loved the last Harry Potter game on Wii and can't wait to see what they can do if they try more.

And this is another fact that sales determine where the games go and how they are done, not technical prowess or brand loyalty...

Here is the sales breakdown for each next-gen console :

Nintendo Wii -> 0.19 million units
Sony PS3 -> 0.11 million units
Microsoft Xbox 360 -> 0.16 million units

PS: The half-blooded Prince ( the next Harry Potter iteration ) is one of the best books, look out for it...

You also can't rule out target market.  The demographic that buys the Wii is largely different than the one that buys the PS3 or 360. 

Actually, now that you mentioned the target market, Harry Potter and PS360 are targeted largely for the same group. As you can see, the "Playstation generation" gamers have grew with Playstation and Harry Potter. Anyway, if Wii is the main platform (which is implied by having "Wii" first on the list), it doesn't change the fact that the game is focused for the platform that's expected to generate most of the games sales.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.