By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New resident Evil 4 gameplay

Not me making another resident Evil 4 thread.
But there's so much new info being released consistently now with the game due next month, and the previous showcase thread kinda got hijacked.

Here's some gameplay footage provided by Gameinformer showcasing Chapter 5.

And here's the dev team discussing their approach to designing new enemies.

~Edit~

3rd trailer from State of Play 2023-02-23

Last edited by Hiku - on 23 February 2023

Around the Network

Since I plan to review it, I'm pretty much on media blackout on it, but...

They REALLY need to announce that they'll have a VR mode for it like they're adding to REVillage. Nothing like trying to get a good look at uhhhhhhhhhhhh Ashley...

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

Afew complaints about the heavy rain scenes. Abit too much rain actually takes away from the stunning visuals. If they can tone is back a dail and not make the rain droplets look like enormous Hail stones, it can be a plus.

Also the fire torches not blowing with the wind is alittle disappointing. When you aim for realism you have to get these things done right.

Besides that, the game looks incredible. Halo 2 Anniversary, FF7, RE2, Dead Space and now RE4 are remakes done right. Looking forward to seeing more RE4.

Azzanation said:

Afew complaints about the heavy rain scenes. Abit too much rain actually takes away from the stunning visuals. If they can tone is back a dail and not make the rain droplets look like enormous Hail stones, it can be a plus.

Also the fire torches not blowing with the wind is alittle disappointing. When you aim for realism you have to get these things done right.

Besides that, the game looks incredible. Halo 2 Anniversary, FF7, RE2, Dead Space and now RE4 are remakes done right. Looking forward to seeing more RE4.

Ever since people started to point out the huge milk droplets I can't see anything else now when I watch the outdoor scenes. The splashes on Leon's head and shoulders also seems disproportionate to the amount of rain a lot of the time. I really hope the rain is something they revisit as a priority because it's very distracting and makes the game look worse than 2019's RE2. Still really looking forward to playing it though.

Last edited by Machina - on 06 February 2023

Hmmmmmmm. Why change the merchant.

Around the Network

If the rain is supposed to be obstructing your view to a degree, then I'm fine with it in certain scenes. But when a strong light source is shining through it, or when it's zoomed in, it looks really jarring. I hope they tone it down a bit before launch.

green_sky said:

Hmmmmmmm. Why change the merchant.

Different voice you mean? It seems similar at least in terms of accent.

Ashley will feel more like a partner this time, and make the gameplay feel good (less annoying).
"Bingo" being the director's favorite line from the original means it has a good chance of coming back in the Remake, for those who wondered.
And I like hearing that Mike will have more appearances this time.
Ada having a 'bigger role' in this one should all but confirm that Separate Ways is back.

Last edited by Hiku - on 17 February 2023

Removing laser aiming is a crime.

Kyuu said:

Removing laser aiming is a crime.

I hear its in the game, but optional somehow. Maybe a gun upgrade you buy.

3rd trailer from today's State of Play

Demo announced